account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia M4 Aqua Dual micrphone not working

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 51 of 115
Message 51 of 115

Re: Xperia M4 Aqua Dual micrphone not working

I too am another one suffering this problem of the microphone not working - this is a major issue regarding the operation of a phone; I.E. It can not work as a phone! Sony response to this, as far as I can see, is beyond pathetic.Sending back to the shop for what very much looks like a software issue is not an acceptable response - if my phone is going back I will be moving to HTC.

Anyway I have made some efforts; like someone else I can't change the Google App setting as you need an operational mic. Sound About has not worked for me, and personally I don't want that Google App thing running anyway.

I experimented with calling myself; in short if you have a jack inserted in, the mic will work - but only when you have the jack in and you will need to have loud speaker on.   So as said near the beginning of the thread,  where Sound About was mentioned, it looks to be with recognising wether to use the a wired microphone or not.

I think the other things might work if I could get the mic to work, outside of a phone call with a jack in; has anyone found a trick to get the mic back up and running?

N.b. The jack doesn't have to go any where, just be clicked in, also I have a standard M4 and not a dual sim.

Sony, if you read this; **bleep** sort this out and give an intelligent response to the problem, not just... Errr...send it back...have you tried turning it off and on...You are doing your falling reputation no good what so ever.

Learner
Message 52 of 115
Message 52 of 115

Re: Xperia M4 Aqua Dual micrphone not working

Guys..there is no option but to get it replaced from them.Use your best negitiation skills to make sure that your brand new phone doesnt become a repaired one.

I bought it within days of the launch, my last 2 phones also were xperia, i was always a Sony loyalist, but now for sure will not repeat it again.

Learner
Message 53 of 115
Message 53 of 115

Aqua M4 mic problem, again

My phone is not useful, I can not make calls with it. People at the other end can not hear me. The latest firmware is installed. The situation got better after I turned the "mic noise suppression" off (available in Settings / Phone) but the sound is not as good as in the other mobile phones in the family. What is the solution? Wait for a software upgrade? Replace the hardware?

Emperor
Message 54 of 115
Message 54 of 115

Re: Aqua M4 mic problem, again

@LasseA123

follow the suggestions on the other post

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M4-Aqua/Xperia-M4-Aqua-Dual-micrphone-not-working/m-p/1071047#M...

if that doesn't work then contact your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 55 of 115
Message 55 of 115

I have seen problem is the worst phone
Commissioner
Message 56 of 115
Message 56 of 115

Hi @LasseA123

I would suggest checking to see if these issues are coming from the hardware of the handset.  We have a build in feature called Xperia Diagnostics to help with this.

• Go to Settings > About phone > Diagnostics.
  • Tap Test device.
  • Select the tests for the problematic components
  • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Could you let us know what the results of that are?

Learner
Message 57 of 115
Message 57 of 115

Thx, i have done that. The mic test does not fail, but the quility of the replayed recording is far from perfect. But i can hear it.

Emperor
Message 58 of 115
Message 58 of 115

@LasseA123

have you recently exposed the phone to water?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 59 of 115
Message 59 of 115

No!

Emperor
Message 60 of 115
Message 60 of 115

@LasseA123

You might want to contact your Local support