account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Visitor
Message 21 of 141
Message 21 of 141

Re: M4 aqua insufficient storage

Hi. This is not a desirable solution! The actual free space of this mobile is just 1.84GB (with the build in memory). I installed a micro sd card-16gb but I cannot move any programs to it. How come?

Genius
Message 22 of 141
Message 22 of 141

Hi Pierre99998

We confirm that there is up to 3GB* available memory out of the box on the Xperia™ M4 Aqua for consumers to enjoy great features and storage for day to day use. The available free memory may be lower depending on the device customisation and pre-installed apps. 

For added convenience, storage on Xperia™ M4 Aqua is also expandable up to 128 GB with the simple addition of a microSD memory card.

To allow like for like comparison, it is industry standard practice to quote total flash memory – 8GB in the case of Xperia™ M4 Aqua. However, as with any Android 5.0 phone that supports the latest technology with 64-bit architecture around 4GB of memory is needed for the operating system and this includes capacity for future Android OS updates. 

In regards to moving apps to the SD card, that is something only supported on android version 5.0 - if the developer of the application allows it. If the phone is on 5.0 you can transfer apps by going to Settings > Storage > transfer to SD card. However you should be able to move Photo's, Video's, Music etc. over to the SD card either the same way advised above^ or through the File Commander app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 23 of 141
Message 23 of 141

well i think there is an issue with aqua m4. None of the applications can be moved to SD-card. I've tried everything, even third party applications that can transfer apps to sd. Can you please check it with one of your engineers?

Genius
Message 24 of 141
Message 24 of 141

If your handset is running on Kitkat 4.4 (you can check this under Settings > About phone > android version) then you won't be able to move apps to the SD card as that is only supported on Lollipop 5.0 - if the app's developer allows it.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 25 of 141
Message 25 of 141

My phone is the new sony aqua m4 that has lollipop. Please advice

Genius
Message 26 of 141
Message 26 of 141

In that case, try transferring apps to the SD card by going into Settings > Apps > Downloaded / All > tap desired app > tap move to SD card. If the option 'move to SD card' is greyed out then this is because the app developer doesn't allow the app to be moved to an SD card. 

Learner
Message 27 of 141
Message 27 of 141

8 Gb internal memory **bleep**

So i have this problem. I have only 1.3 Gb of free space on my phone beside the 64 gb SDcard. I moved all the apps that i could get permision on the card but there are some that still 'eats' my small phone memory (FB and such).Whenever i try to install a game that exceds that 1.3 Gb memory that is free, obviously i don't get the permision. SO: IS TERE A WAY TO INSTALL APPS DIRECTLY ONTO THE SDCARD? I already tried the Android SDK method and i get an error that doesn't let me switch to the Sd card as the default install location. Btw rooting is out of the question. Thanks an hope to get a good response.

Emperor
Message 28 of 141
Message 28 of 141

Re: 8 Gb internal memory

@DerKrieger

There ins't you could root your phone and partition the SD card and use link2sd or apps2sd etc apps to do so. Check the XDA Forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 29 of 141
Message 29 of 141

Unlock your boot loader????

Hello,

I would know when this mobile will unlocked boot loader because I need unlock it and root it. I need more free space
I have the version with 8GB and it is a scam mobile.
<2GB for the user with a lot of useless bloatware.

The correct versions of this mobile would be 16GB/32GB. Please, know more in the final user and less in the money.

Good mobile=more sales=more money.

Bad mobile=less sales=less money=FAIL

Emperor
Message 30 of 141
Message 30 of 141

Re: Unlock your boot loader????

@polvoron

I don't quite understand the second part of your post, but check the XDA Forum on rooting methods if there are any available. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)