account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Emperor
Message 11 of 141
Message 11 of 141

Re: The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

@erdik1323

great to know it does have the 3GB as advertised

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 12 of 141
Message 12 of 141

@Zalcso

I know, it's seems like they over-estimated the demand for the 8GB version or they wanted to cut the price so they cut the internal storage. Either of which bothers us

I think Sony will release the 16GB version, but maybe a little bit late. People will definitely pay an additional 50$ for the 16GB version. Or just root your phone. then the 8GB storage is OK, but the M4 Aqua is too new, i have to wait for the community

Apprentice
Message 13 of 141
Message 13 of 141

FYI
The 16GB is only a dual sim variant.
There is a 16GB variant with single sim but it has stange frequency support which will be problematic in most countries.
Adept
Message 14 of 141
Message 14 of 141

That's the reason why, sadly, I had to buy a Samsung A5 instead of the M4 Aqua ...   Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 15 of 141
Message 15 of 141

After 1 week of suffering, finally I sold my 8 GB variant with 65 EUR loss, thank your very much Sony. I ordered a 16 GB variant from Amazon.fr with Google translate. :-D Hope it will be better.

GhS
Rookie
Message 16 of 141
Message 16 of 141

To solve the problem (the lack of internal memory) it would be enough to make available by Sony the Android M update for the Xperia M4 aqua, that let be possible to install the apps on the SD card. I hope they'll do it and I hope they'll say something about that very SOON.

Visitor
Message 17 of 141
Message 17 of 141

I am annoyed with small internal storages.
I want to update to M4 from my ZR but again it is only 8gb in my country. My phone frequently lack of internal memory while i have a 32gb sdcard with 20gb free, cause some apps cannit be moved to sdcard

Dear Sony, it is 2015 and please give your phone with at least 16GB.
One time poster
Message 18 of 141
Message 18 of 141

My first appearance on the forum.

Selected the M4 a few days ago and was immediately dissapinted with the storage space. I have cut back on my apps. The update of software helped but I have to constantly clean the system. The SD card seems redundant as it only seems to allow it for media such as images and music. Very dissapointed.

Visitor
Message 19 of 141
Message 19 of 141

M4 aqua insufficient storage

My 1 week old m4 aqua gives the error insufficient storage when trying to update certain applications. In spite of the fact that I've installed a 16gb memory card I still get this error. The memory card is brand new. I tried to move some apps to the micro sd, but the phone will not allow me. Please advice.

Genius
Message 20 of 141
Message 20 of 141

Re: M4 aqua insufficient storage

Hi Pierre99998, welcome to the community!

You can clear the data of applications to free up some space (note that this resets aps to how they were when you first installed them). To do so just go into Settings > Apps > Downloaded > tap desired app > tap Clear data. Move as much data as possible to the SD card, delete any apps you don't use/need any longer. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.