account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Inhabitant
Message 121 of 141
Message 121 of 141

Re: Memory issue

So the 6.0 for the Z5 series is seeding now. Looks like Sony has opted NOT to include the adoptable storage on SD card in its version of Marshmallow. If they stick with this for M4, this phone officially becomes useless. Sony will not see anymore of mine money in the future.

Message 122 of 141
Message 122 of 141

Re: Memory issue

@mb011 You are aware that Samsung and LG dropped that option, aren't you?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 123 of 141
Message 123 of 141

Re: The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Well aware, but little does that good, knowing that I am stuck with only 700MB of free space, with only basic apps installed. And I thought I was buying a mid range phone, not a budget one.
Message 124 of 141
Message 124 of 141

Storage space is running out

I have the M4 aqua and keep getting message that storage space is running out. I've transferred everything it will let me to a 16Gb SD card and only have downloaded 4 apps. So many of pre- loaded apps can't be removed and the system itself uses half the memory. How do I solve this please
Emperor
Message 125 of 141
Message 125 of 141

Re: Storage space is running out

@dramaqueen1966

settings > storage > what do you see? 

also, settings > apps > all > sort by size > tap on the top 4 apps > clear data 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 126 of 141
Message 126 of 141

Re: Storage space is running out

Thanks for that, there was only data to clear from facebook.  The other 3 were Google Play services Android System WebView and Office suite and nothing to clear.  

One time poster
Message 127 of 141
Message 127 of 141

My phone storage

Hi I have an Xperia aqua and it is continually telling me my storage on my phone is running low but I have a really large sd card in it can I not change where my data is saved thanks leanne
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 128 of 141
Message 128 of 141

Re: My phone storage

You can transfer media files and some apps to the SD card.
One time poster
Message 129 of 141
Message 129 of 141

sony M4 Aqua

Sony M4 Aqua

Hi we both have the above phones but want to find out why we are not able to transfer Apps on to SD card ?
Any reason or do I need to do something
as when i try to down load app on to my phone says not enough memory even though I have 16 MB SD card

Can some pleas advise why this happening or do ihave a dodgy phone 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 130 of 141
Message 130 of 141

Re: The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

same with my country Indonesia, I'm dissapointed when I want download some game it can't because not enough space...

when I check half of it 4GB already using by android system T_T

anyone.. Please how to download app or video direct to SD Card? usualy download first then transfer to SD Card

Thx