account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Regular
Message 61 of 141
Message 61 of 141

Re: The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

There are some news regarding bootloader unlocking, not sure if its good or bad.

M4 Aqua is still not listed on Sony's website as a device that can be unlocked, but, there is a code you can type into dialer and you can see if your device can be rooted or not. The code is  *#*#7378423#*#*.

Instructions:

1. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
  2. Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

I followed this instructions, and on my device, "Bootloader unlock allowed" says "YES".

I'm not sure what this means, because M4 Aqua is still not listed as anlockable device...

One time poster
Message 62 of 141
Message 62 of 141

Transferring data to Sd card

Hi. I've not had my M4 long so am still trying to work it out
I bought a 32gb sd card for it and transfered what it would let me. I don't have tons of apps on it or many photos. Although it says there's no more to transfer I can't download anything new as says there's no space in internal memory. Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Message 63 of 141
Message 63 of 141

Re: Transferring data to Sd card

If you wish to transfer media files, you can use a file explorer (file commander, astro file manager).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 64 of 141
Message 64 of 141

Re: Transferring data to Sd card

But i cant download big file games...though i have transferred all videos and musics in sd card...it should not be wise enought to transfer android os(data & obb) file to sd card...please give me a suggestion....

thanks

Rookie
Message 65 of 141
Message 65 of 141

Memory error

Today I tried to take a couple of photos on my phone and a message appeared on screen as follows...

Memory error.  Memory full. Delete some files from SD Card or internal storage.

Well that's all very fine, but I have no idea how to do this, and what to delete.

I also have no idea where to find an SD Card....do I even have one in the phone?

If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful.

Words of one syllable or less would make life easier for me and be less likely to add to my poor old confused brain :-)

Thank you :-)

One time poster
Message 66 of 141
Message 66 of 141

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi! This is Louie Bueno from Philippines, I bought Xperia M4 Aqua just this September 18 and it has a 8gb internal memory, then I'm just using 4gb of its memory but it's full!!
One time poster
Message 67 of 141
Message 67 of 141

Internal memory full, with room to spare on SD-card

Hello,

I get a constant warning the memory is almost full. There is only 200 MB left. When I try to move data to my SD-card (8Gb) I get the message there's nothing to move. Also I'm hardly using any apps. When I went looking for answers on the internet I found several sites telling me the M4 Aqua has only 1,25 Gb free space left (from the 8Gb). This info wasn't available when I bought my phone, otherwise I would have considered buying another type. Is there a way to fix this without having to jailbreak my phone?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 68 of 141
Message 68 of 141

Re: The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

I should read it before buying my Xperia M4 Aqua 8 G. Important info
Learner
Message 69 of 141
Message 69 of 141

Re: M4 aqua insufficient storage

When will SONY provide the featitre to tranfer the application=s to the SD?

When will we have the last  Anroid  to provide it?

Haim

Learner
Message 70 of 141
Message 70 of 141

Re: M4 aqua insufficient storage

I have Android 5; and the problem is very serious! I can't update  basic Google application!  Haim