account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone Dialer App Issues

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Phone Dialer App Issues

Hi "Sony Support",

My Phone is : Xperia M4 Aqua Dual - E2333

Android Version : 5.0

Build Number : 26.1.B.3.109

Phone App Version : 5.0-441

Contacts App Version : 18.1.A.0.68.TS.55

Truecaller App Vesion : 7.24

=======================================

Thier are 2 issues which I face on Phone Dialer App.

Issue 1 :- After installing Truecaller, if I quick launch the "Dialer" from Lock Screen (it has three options : dialer, unlock and camera) it keeps on asking whether to use default Sony Dialer or Truecaller Dialer even though I check the ALWAYS option and select "Sony Dialer".

This issue is again can be reproduce after getting a "Miss Call Notification" and when selecting the miss call notification it again ask which dialer to open even though I check Sony Dialer and select ALWAYS.

** Note 1 : Yes, I went to Truecaller Settings > General > and have UNTICKED or OFF : "Messaging apps - Notification Access" & "Missed Call Notifications". Also I have NOT given Truecaller permission to access system notifications.

** Note 2 : Yes, I went to Settings > Apps > All > Contacts and selected "Clear Defaults" BUT still it keeps asking.

** Note 3 : If uninstalled Truecaller App all seems to be normal and working fine.

I personally don't like Truecaller Dialer but want to keep Truecaller and like to have Sony Dialer as DEFAULT without asking again.

Issue 2 :- I use 2 sims for my Aqua Dual, when I open the "Sony Dialer" and select a number from call log to call. It gives me a pop-up asking to call from which sim (Also give me an info sim last used Slightly smiling Face ).

But this pop-up asking to call from which number sometimes appear and disappear instantly for the FIRST time (8 out of 10 times) but again selecting the number and the pop-up appearing again for the SECOUND time ALWAYS stay (does not get disappear).

I thing this is a small GLITCH on the Sony Phone Dialer app which happens if 2 sims are been inserted and outgoing calling sim option selected as always ask by the user.

** Note 1 : This glitch happens even if Truecaller App is installed or uninstalled. So this issue has nothing to do with Truecaller App.

Please fix the above 2 issues on an upcoming system update or provide me instructions to resolve them.

Thanks & Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone Dialer App Issues

Since this is a third party app you will have to contact the app developer regarding this issue.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Do you experience the same in safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lollipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi "uliwooly",

Thanks for your reply.

But your reply doesn't make any sense. And seems like a general reply to skip the issue.

"Since this is a third party app you will have to contact the app developer regarding this issue."

Then what a bout 2nd Issue ?? Is it caused because of a Third Party app ???

Also talking about the 1st Issue, yeah its a problem to deal with a third party app BUT I want to hightlight that Sony Dialer has the issue which CANNOT make or save itself as default even user select ALWAYS. But if I select Truecaller Dialer as ALWAYS it won't ask again the question..

Therefore both issues are seems to be on Sony side not on the Third Party app.

Again thanks for your prompt reply Slightly smiling Face

Reagrds,

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@darklord-aj

Follow @Phy 's advice and check in safe mode, if you don't experience the same issue then it is indeed a third party app acting up

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi "Phy",

I'll try your instructions to diagnose the 2nd Issue.

But I don't think the Safe Boot option will resolve or diagnose the 1st issue because on Safe Boot ONLY system apps are running right ? So Truecaller conflicting with Sony Dialer app issue can not be diagnosed.

Regards,

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I agree with @darklord-aj , there is a software problem with Sony Dialer app 

I mention that I have not installed any other third party app