account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Marsmallow 6.0 and SD card as internal storage

One time poster
Message 1 of 125
Message 1 of 125

Marsmallow 6.0 and SD card as internal storage

Regarding this article this should work, but I can not get it to work. Anyone that have tips?

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/03/10/how-important-is-adoptable-storage-to-you-in-android-marshmallo...

124 REPLIES 124
One time poster
Message 2 of 125
Message 2 of 125

Re: Marsmallow 6.0 and SD card as internal storage

I have the same problem with Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 125
Message 3 of 125

Hi @RoarS,

Xperia M4 Aqua does not support adoptable storage.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 4 of 125
Message 4 of 125

@RoarS@RiriDu78

There were threads on this made some time ago in all other devices updated to 6.0:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/adoptive-storage-for-xperia-Z3/m-p/1115587

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/SD-card-as-internal-storage-removed-f...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 5 of 125
Message 5 of 125

EXCELLENT, so the ONLY THING that could make this pathetic phone with barely a gigabyte of internal memory usable, is just completely unsupported. Excellent. I'll never be purchasing another Sony phone.

Talent
Message 6 of 125
Message 6 of 125

See the thread on xda in m4aqua forum if you want to enable adoptable storage. Plenty of people seem to have have it working. It is not included as standard with any Xperia device or any other big oem handsets. It should tell you all you need to know about how reliable it'll be especially with cheap sdcards
Zog
One time poster
Message 7 of 125
Message 7 of 125

I really regret purchasing this M4 Aqua phone.

I'm locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that has 2GB of crapware I can't uninstall and less than 500MB of storage..  I'll be buying Samsung next time.

Message 8 of 125
Message 8 of 125

Thats a bad joke, or?

Angry Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 9 of 125
Message 9 of 125

You are kidding me.. the only Marshmallow feature this POS phone needs isn't officially supported?

Pathetic.

1Adrian1, could you link to that thread please so I see if I can get this sorely needed feature working?

edit: found it.._http://forum.xda-developers.com/m4-aqua/general/adoptive-storage-marshmallow-t3421828

One time poster
Message 10 of 125
Message 10 of 125

:@ :@

Xperia M4 Aqua does not support adoptable storage. JOKE ??

please say 'working for fix it'.. :/