account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M4 aqua Headphone Jack issue

One time poster
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

M4 aqua Headphone Jack issue

The Headphone Jack is not working. The right channel is complety deaf. It's not the headphones or A software problem. Is there anybody who have a problem like that or is it just me? And is there anything i can do?
20 REPLIES 20
Emperor
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: M4 aqua Headphone Jack issue

@sefakuscu

things to try 

settings > apps > all > smartconnect > clear data > restart the phone > check again

try a different pair of headphones 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Hi sefakuscu,

Welcome to the community,

If by chance this is hardware related you would need to speak with customer care to have the device checked out, use my signature to find contact details.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

My earphone jack suddenly stopped working yesterday too. I've tried everything and it hasn't worked. This phone isn't living up to its price at all.
One time poster
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

I have completly same problem right now. How can i fix it?

One time poster
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Try and hold the power on and volume up key at the same time till the phone restarts itself, for me it worked
Learner
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Great! My headphone splitter not working too. Working with all other modern phones, but not with m4! 

First my forntcamera stopped working forever, and now this. Sony just make me "happy". 

UPD: Well, at least mh750 working, millimeter differences in jack...

One time poster
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

I'm having this problem too. There is nothing wrong with the actual headphones, it looks like it is quite a common glitch in the phone. Is there a way to fix it? 

ReW
One time poster
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Im also having the same dam problem....my headphones or aux cable use to work perfect until a couple of weeks and now it just does not want to work at all......sometimes it will come on then it will refuse to work.... Please help
Apprentice
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Same issue here on my M4 Aqua. Have tried multiple headphones, cleaned socket with a narrow cotton tip with alcohol. Cleared data in Smart Connect App, held power and volume up for a reset. Originally, the right channel stopped working, then left, and now volume adjuster pops up and goes haywire when plugging in headphones. Socket looks clean.

Shane