account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M4 Ram issue, shows only 883 MB...

SOLVED
Learner
Message 41 of 140
Message 41 of 140

Re: M4 Ram issue, shows only 883 MB...

Now its somehow functional... it shows the full ram but when i use a 'heavy' app, such as Pokemon go the phone crashes as soon as it gets hot... At least i can use Whatsapp normally without any problem, but it's almost useless.

One time poster
Message 42 of 140
Message 42 of 140

Well, I have the same problem with the M4 but I ejected the microsd and suddenly 2GB of ram is back. Is kinda weird. I will try flashing Android 5 again.

PD: Even now I have the blue screen and bootloop problems.

Genius
Message 43 of 140
Message 43 of 140

Hello everyone!

I know that you are all waiting for an update but I'm afraid I still have not received any further information on this case. I'm really sorry for the time this is taking Slightly frowning Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 44 of 140
Message 44 of 140

i hope you can fix it soon

One time poster
Message 45 of 140
Message 45 of 140

Didrik. Waiting from Lima, Peru too.
Learner
Message 46 of 140
Message 46 of 140

hello, I decided to leave the smartphone same, if the developer mode runs constantly restart the device. We expect a quick solution or best sony will leave to another company

Learner
Message 47 of 140
Message 47 of 140

hi dirik 

Is there any solution already?

Apprentice
Message 48 of 140
Message 48 of 140

I have the same issues, 883 mb RAM, blue screen boot loops getting hot.. Come on Sony, sort it out! otherwise i expect a refund or replacement. Obviously a software issue... 

Adviser
Message 49 of 140
Message 49 of 140

Hi All,

It has been 2 month that my phone has become next to unusable. 

I think this is way to long, and i am loosing patience... i agree with what has been said! A solution or a replacement should be offered.. and quickly!

I'm still running hot with 883MB even if after some of the unexpected reboots i see my phone has found its 2GB of RAM again! so it is still there!!!

Best,

BH06

Message 50 of 140
Message 50 of 140

Hi all,
I am using sony m4 aqua , now i facing the main issues
1) Phone start up blue screen error.
2) Ram show only 883MB error.
my phone warrenty 1 year complete,last 6.0 Marshmallow update complete ,i facing this issues.

Now 2 types main troubleshooting complete, but no improve my prhone.
1)full hardware reset but phone not re-solved problem.
2)i am using sony flashtool 6.0 Marshmallow os ,full re-installed but no slove my issues.

Now iam 3 main troubleshooting ready process.
1)6.0 Marshmallow downgrade to lollipop.
This troubleshooting sucessfull or not i don't know, plz help any one this process write or not......?????

Note: Last Monday(31-11-2016 )post this message but still now this post will removed,so again posted help the solution.