account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M4 Ram issue, shows only 883 MB...

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 31 of 140
Message 31 of 140

Re: M4 Ram issue, shows only 883 MB...

I updated my device and the problem still there, with the same 883 mb. I´m really upset with this. I had to uninstall almost all apps, so that the device can run, but with a very slow performance. I´ll never buy again Sony devices. 

Apprentice
Message 32 of 140
Message 32 of 140

I still wait an official Sony announcement about this issue. Is that a hardware problem? Did one of the 1 Gb memmory block dead? 

Adviser
Message 33 of 140
Message 33 of 140

Hello AraujodeSouza, All

I noticed a number of problems are still remaining after the update.

In particular try removing your SD Card if you have one.. when i inserted my 64Gb sd card, Android reported only 883Mb RAM (AGAIN!!!). I reformated it (on the phone) and now i have the SD Card in and Android sees the 2GB RAM available on the M4.

The update (26.3.B.1.33) isn't solving all issues yet. I'm still having crashes and blue screens.

I hope this helps,

BH06

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 34 of 140
Message 34 of 140

Looks like i spoke too soon.. i was re-installing and updating the apps when my M4 blue screened.. 
It hasn't been up since.. it goes to blue screen righ after the white sony startup screen.

Getting ready for another Xperia Companion Repair!

Regards,

BH06

Learner
Message 35 of 140
Message 35 of 140

Hi dirik, after performing steps the cell works, but even restarts very often.
what is this about?
How can i fix it ?

Genius
Message 36 of 140
Message 36 of 140

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you all are experiencing this. It has been forwarded to the developers and they are still investigating the cause behind the missing RAM memory.

I apologize for the time this is taking.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 37 of 140
Message 37 of 140

Hello and thank you Didrik,

Please do let the developers know that the missing RAM issues isn't systematic with the latest firmware (26.3.B.1.33)

Sometimes it show 883MB sometimes the whole 2GB.

What is really annoying is the frequent blue screens (again not replicable.. not happening when doing something specific).

Thank you for your support,

Best,

BH06

One time poster
Message 38 of 140
Message 38 of 140

Any update ??

this is very annoying

Do you know when developers fix it ?

Learner
Message 39 of 140
Message 39 of 140

I have the same problem... The phone gets super hot so I decided to let it cool for a while... After that it boot up fast and normally, I checked the memory and it was back to normal with 2Gb... Then after a minute it got hot again, the blue screen appeared and reboot, and again back to 800Mb..
The motherboard overheating must be affecting ram... I think.

I don't know how this is going to be fixed. :/
Adviser
Message 40 of 140
Message 40 of 140

Hi Uiuip,

Your description of the problem seems very accurate.. something is making a component run very hot (at the top of the phone). 

It could still be a software issue, some code not running correctly and making the processor very busy and therefore hot until it crashes.

The problem has been logged for some time now.. but still no solution :/

Best,

BH06