account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

M4 Ram issue, shows only 883 MB...

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 140
Message 11 of 140

Re: M4 Ram issue, shows only 883 MB...

Yes, The same thing... Now my m4 wont turn on.. I turned it off to change my sim card, Now no response.. When I attached the charger, red led is showing and then nothing.. one of the Best Phones i ever had.. :/
Talent
Message 12 of 140
Message 12 of 140

Just wait 2-3 hours for full charge and then try to start your phone. If phone still not turn on,  open sdcard hood and with pencil push and hold for several seconds Reset button - you will find it near to sdcard slot. 

Rookie
Message 13 of 140
Message 13 of 140

Yes , tried the developer option but still shows 412mb ram for system, 126mb ram for apps and 346mb ram free. This however is with a fresh update to android 6 , deleted unneccesery programs , not signed into google and none of my usual apps installed. If i were to go ahead and use the phone normally that "free 346mb ram" would soon get eaten up. I think this is why i have been getting a blue screen and shutting down. i now have a repair booked but i havent tried the reset hole next to the SD slot. Would this work???

Genius
Message 14 of 140
Message 14 of 140

@DamiL, Sorry to hear that.

First of all, try pressing and holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds or until the phone vibrates or press and hold the OFF-button next to your SIM-card until the phone vibrates. Use a paperclip, pen or something else Then connect a charger again and try to boot your phone.

It might take about 30 minutes for the device to indicate that it is charging if it is completely discharged, during this period the display may remain black. Try charging your device for about 4 hours as it can take a while for a completely depleted battery to fully charge.

If possible, use a Sony original charger and USB-cable specifically intended for your device. Other chargers may be too weak or too strong as they may have a different electric current rating (mA).

@Lenny2, in that case I would suggest performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 140
Message 15 of 140

I have the same problem with my device. Suddenly it started going to slowly and dead. I updated to Android 6 and had a clean boot, but the problem still there, with a total RAM memory of 883 Mb. Did the Xperia Companion repare issue solve the problem? 

Adviser
Message 16 of 140
Message 16 of 140

I am having this exact same issue.. if someone knows how to solve this problem..

Memory (RAM) is reported as 883MB total memory in Settings in Android 6.0.1!

M4 should have 2GB, so where are the 1117MB gone!

Thank you for the feedback.

Genius
Message 17 of 140
Message 17 of 140

Hi @BH06,

Did you check the Running services under the Developer options? Is it the same amount of memory displayed there as well? If so I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion, please report back after you've tried this. Make sure that you first create a backup using Xperia Companion since the software repair will reset your phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 18 of 140
Message 18 of 140

Hi Didrik,

I have already done de software repair XC and the problem still there - even under Developers Options.

Adviser
Message 19 of 140
Message 19 of 140

Hi @Didrik

In the developer option i see the following values

Device Memory

System 470 MB of RAM

Apps 148 MB of RAM

Free 266 MB of RAM

That doesn't add up to 2GB.. will software repair solve this issue?

Thank you for your help,

Adviser
Message 20 of 140
Message 20 of 140

Hello @Didrik

I went thru software repair. 
The first time i rebooted the phone i saw the white screen with SONY written in black.. and then a plain blue screen (not the blue SONY background with the waves) and then nothing.. black screen for 5 minutes at least.
I pressed the ON/OFF button for 10sec and this time it booted and guide me through the usual initial setup.

Once setup was completed i went straight in the developer mode to check the RAM

System 453 MB RAM

Apps 124 MB 

Free 305 MB

Where did my 2gb go???