account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M4 Aqua OTG (USB Host) Functionality

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 52
Message 11 of 52

Re: M4 Aqua OTG (USB Host) Functionality

Hi.

I'm owner of a new M4 and unfortunaly it doesn't have OTG.

I have read the same words, that it said that M4 have OTG but Sony trick us.

I hope next upgrade will fix that...next upgrade if phone have memory for that. Because my phone it's a 8 gb phone and only have frre for user 1,2 gb....shame on you sony...

Highlighted
Adept
Message 12 of 52
Message 12 of 52

I wish Sony will give a nice future update firmware to Xperia M4 Aqua

I wish Sony will give a nice future update firmware for;

1. More accurate camera focus, especially when doing Macro with Superior Auto
  2. USB OTG Support!
  3. Get rid the pre-installed App, since my Xperia M4 is 8 GB version -> I'm not buying it, it's a gift for my birthday.
  4. Less heat, due Snapdragon 615 issue. I don't care if have to throttle down the SoC clock speed.

Learner
Message 13 of 52
Message 13 of 52

Same problem I am facing. I tried many time taking helps of the videos available online but it doesn't have OTG or USB connectivity support.

One time poster
Message 14 of 52
Message 14 of 52

Hello everyone,

I'd add for the future update:
- Less battery drain as I have to charge it every day. When taking lots of pictures the battery lasts only 8 hours whereas my Xperia m2 was lasting much more.
- Dualshock support
Thanks
s13
Learner
Message 15 of 52
Message 15 of 52

Is M4 support OTG

Can anybody tell me that m4 support otg cable or not.
Emperor
Message 16 of 52
Message 16 of 52

Re: Is M4 support OTG

@s13

Check this post

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-8482-M4-Aqua/M4-Aqua-OTG-USB-Host-Functionality/m-p/992978/high...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 17 of 52
Message 17 of 52

It is not suppported OTG  and it is hardware functinalty so it is never support otg 

One time poster
Message 18 of 52
Message 18 of 52

OTG support to Xperia M4

Respected Sir/Madam

I want to knoe that xperia M4 has USB OTG support or not. If not why? Can it be possible with software update?

Emperor
Message 19 of 52
Message 19 of 52

Re: OTG support to Xperia M4

@Ankitjc

It doesn't

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 20 of 52
Message 20 of 52

I got my m4 last weekend,see still no otg function,just doesnt read anything that i plug in on the otg cable,is there an update yet or cant they fix this with an update.