account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M4 AQUA Restarting itself and shutting itself down.

Adviser
Message 21 of 100
Message 21 of 100

Re: M4 AQUA Restarting itself and shutting itself down.

I was having the exact same problem. Annoying when it decides to restart while your on a long distance phone call... I ended up getting my 3rd M4 Hardware and didnt transfer any of my old information over to it. This one has had no problems so far. But I have kept stamina mode off. I think it was possibly a bug or faulty data getting transfered to the new devices... Also have you installed the recent update?

One time poster
Message 22 of 100
Message 22 of 100

Mine is doing the same thing. This is now my 3rd phone! I am sick of this shut!
Adviser
Message 23 of 100
Message 23 of 100

When you got your first M4 did you transfer data off your old phone (Like contacts & pictures) to it? And have you installed the update?

One time poster
Message 24 of 100
Message 24 of 100

Hi All,

Can you also please help me how to resolve same kind of issue? Have you fix your units?

Apprentice
Message 25 of 100
Message 25 of 100

I bought a new SD card and put that in a few days ago but I am afraid it still does it. Mine is currently becoming non responsive a couple of times a day on average although sometimes it will do it several times in a few hours. I have not as yet had it do it whilst in use. 

There are several threads on here concerned with this issue. Good luck.

One time poster
Message 26 of 100
Message 26 of 100

Hi Everyone,

Looks like this seems to be a reoccuring issue!!! I purchased my phone on August 4th and it has shutdown 20 times already. So frustrating!! I don't know what to do about it. Virgin Mobile won't help at all!! I waited 3.5 years to get a new phone and I'm stuck with this piece of crap!!! 

One time poster
Message 27 of 100
Message 27 of 100

Hey so I got 2 phones, both m4 aqua's, one is good and the other won't start up. It just keeps rebooting constantly. Has anyone else has the same problem as I am Having?
Adviser
Message 28 of 100
Message 28 of 100

I did the exact same thing as you. Totally not worth the wait lol. Have you tried a factory reset? And try running the phone not in Stanima mode. 

Regular
Message 29 of 100
Message 29 of 100

I'm having the same issue and have been trying a variety of permutations of Stamina Mode options to overcome it.

HOWEVER

I am noticing that when the phone comes back up, Xperia Home's data is corrupted - i.e all the icons in my app tray have the SD badge. 

Switching to Simple Home, clearing the Xperia Home data and switching back clears that.

I also have to re-add Xperia for Facebook.

So I'm thinking its the launcher that has this problem. Wondering about trying to run it in Simple Home for a while.

Regular
Message 30 of 100
Message 30 of 100

Just installed the Google Now Launcher as the nearest in look and feel to the Xperia one ..

Let's see if I get another freeze