account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

M4 AQUA Restarting itself and shutting itself down.

One time poster
Message 81 of 100
Message 81 of 100

Re: M4 AQUA Restarting itself and shutting itself down.

Following the system update yesterday, most apps are hanging and my M4 Aqua is restarting.  There is a flash screen appearing after a few seconds 'Android is updating'.  Unable to locate 'diagnostics app' on phone and cannot download from Play Store!

Talent
Message 82 of 100
Message 82 of 100

Seems that update was not successful, you need to repair your phone via PC Companion. Backup your data before update, because everything will be erased. After update via PC Companion you can restore back your data.

Adviser
Message 83 of 100
Message 83 of 100

After almost a week,hits the fan and I've got 16 restarts in the last 30 hours. Crying Face

Learner
Message 84 of 100
Message 84 of 100

My m4 was doing this had it sent away & tested by sony, got it back supposed to be ok, within two days it was doing constant restarts & turning itself off too, I noticed when it was doing it it was getting really hot & suffering battery drain too! (no apps were open when this was happening)
Over the course of a couple of days I methodicaly deleted apps or force stopped apps that were preinstalled with the phone, the last app I force stopped was the diognostics since then it has never restarted again, got hot or lost battery charge (over a week now!)
There must be a fault with the diognostic software think its constantly running diognostics which is causing high temps which inturn makes the phone shut down & reboot plus over drain the battery ..........oh the irony!

Learner
Message 85 of 100
Message 85 of 100

I had same issue. Tried everything to no avail
Sent the phone to Sony for repair, they returned it to say it was fixed, but it wasn't
So then I used screen shots from system incidents to prove it
Sent again for repair and after an argument by email and phone with supervisor at repair centre I got different phone
One time poster
Message 86 of 100
Message 86 of 100

is it ok now ????

@Dave_JG wrote:

I called Sony Support Centre and they asked me to do 'Crash Repair' by pressing the start button + Volume Up button together until phone vibrates few times. I had to do it twice. Since then it has been 28 hours and my phone has not done any random reboots. Hopefully, it will stay as it is..

Learner
Message 87 of 100
Message 87 of 100

Re: is it ok now ????

no, it is not ok... it is still doing random reboots. I am just waiting for the day when it will die so that I can buy another phone.. Never sony again

Rookie
Message 88 of 100
Message 88 of 100

My Xperia M4 is also randomly restarting itself while the phone is in sleep mode (screen off, locked). I sure hope this is a software problem that will be fixed in Android 6.0 update.

Learner
Message 89 of 100
Message 89 of 100

finally after so long time en some thousand random restarting en many calls that end up, after the update from lollipop to marshmallow there is NO more restarting!!! everyone update the phone from sony pc companion 

One time poster
Message 90 of 100
Message 90 of 100

1 M4 Aqua auto restart

1 M4 Aqua Can not On

1 M5 Auto Restart

1 Z3+ after system update dead try PCC just tone sound can not detect

Format the phone Failed

System Update Failed 

Hammer the phone last option.

What happen to sony the old one im using z1 still in good condition.