account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

M4 AQUA Restarting itself and shutting itself down.

Learner
Message 61 of 100
Message 61 of 100

Re: M4 AQUA Restarting itself and shutting itself down.

i have done all that i read in this forum for this problem nothing works 

Learner
Message 62 of 100
Message 62 of 100

Received my "repaired " phone back at 11am yesterday, phone restarted at 6.30pm and the current count is standing at 31! Including every 4/5 mins between 1.30am and 2.45am. Called Sony again and was told it would be passed to their escalation team to call me within 5-7 working days. If it has to go back it will be treated as a via repair, whatever that means. Told them trading standards have been informed and I'm not sending this one back before I get a replacement phone. Just have to see what the escalation team say.
Enthusiast
Message 63 of 100
Message 63 of 100

This issue is affecting all lines of Xperia phones. I wish Sony would investigate it and take it a little more serious. I too am having the rebooting incidents just like all you guys. Soo annoying.
Adviser
Message 64 of 100
Message 64 of 100

Yes, it happens also on Safe Mode.

Adviser
Message 65 of 100
Message 65 of 100

And I just saw it happening in "Ultra STAMINA Mode"...

Adviser
Message 66 of 100
Message 66 of 100

Here's my follow up for this week:

- Changed microSD card, problem continues (that card I used without problems for months on a Windows Phone).

- Operating with one nano SIM card on slot 1, it happens

- Changed nano SIM card from slot 1 to slot 2, problem also happens

- Repaired with Sony PCC, problem.

- Factory reset (phone feature), problem.

- Factory reset WITHOUT configuring google account (any account, actually): problem occurs.

- Factory reset and disabling "What's New" updates, as usual, phone reboots.

Learner
Message 67 of 100
Message 67 of 100

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with M4 Aqua E2303

Original firmware was 26.1.A.2.99, but I've updated it straight away to latest 26.1.A.2.167. From now on, the phone started to restart itself every couple of minutes.

I can't find what cause the problem. Some say that it's apn + stamina conflict or stamina and facebook issue?!

I've tested multiple firmware versions and some are better and some are worse. The best for now is  26.1.A.1.100 from Play PL. 

2 days working without restart, but it sometimes rejects micro SD card and you have to reboot to use it. I've tested it with  2GB SD and 8GB SDHC card. Error message is "SD card Unexpectedly Removed". 

Learner
Message 68 of 100
Message 68 of 100

Another day of testing..
Now I flashed 26.1.A.2.99 and it was still rejecting SD card, so I've installed OTA updates to the latest firmware. All is working good except facebook messenger. After installation phone is rebooting. There something wrong with the app..

Highlighted
Regular
Message 69 of 100
Message 69 of 100

Hi guys, 

Does your phone only act up when a sim is inserted or does it do it nonetheless?

Mine only does when a sim card is in.

Inb4, yes i tried with a different one, purchased a new one just in case, also verified it worked properly with a friend's phone, still

reboots up to 60x/day

My M4 Aqua is now back in it's original box, wrote a letter to complain to Sony, waiting for an answer.

Back to using my 4 yo Xperia U. What a waste of 260 euros! 

Adept
Message 70 of 100
Message 70 of 100

Dont waste your money. Give it to service center. They wil replace with new motherboard