account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Insufficient storage; (I have sufficient storage)!!!

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 41 of 95
Message 41 of 95

Re: M4 Aqua transfer to sd card

@lavenderrose

You can also use the file commander to move the music, videos, photos to the SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 42 of 95
Message 42 of 95

Re: Insufficient storage; (I have sufficient storage)!!!

Tried that, don't work for me
Emperor
Message 43 of 95
Message 43 of 95

@SandraL

Do you get an error while moving those files?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 44 of 95
Message 44 of 95

No, just that they don't seem to move. Maybe I'm doing it wrong 

Learner
Message 45 of 95
Message 45 of 95

Im sorry, i read back your post. I'm not having troubles with photos or videos. I tried moving apps with file commander.

my bad. 

One time poster
Message 46 of 95
Message 46 of 95

I'm getting this too. I bought a sd card and transferred as much data as it would allow onto it but it keeps coming up. I've cleared cache and some useless apps but I don't know what else I can do. I have 27gb on my card so can I use that for memory instead of the internal memory
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 47 of 95
Message 47 of 95

I agree with everyone else, the storage on this phone is frustratingly terrible!!!

I cant download any app even though i have 712 MB as free internal memory. This is really frustrating especially after i had to delete and move a lot of importan apps and information to my SD memory but still cannot download new apps. I hope you can assist, this is not good for the sony brand

One time poster
Message 48 of 95
Message 48 of 95

Hi there, So I've been following the thread as I have been experiencing the same problem with my M4 mobile for a while now. And like some of you, I've deleted as much items from the internal storage (mostly photos), and theres been no improvement.

Also as already mentioned, my SD card has13.98GB and yet the automatic option to transfer photos, videos, music etc does not do anything. I have also tried to manually transfer data onto the SD card and this too doesn't work. I've cleared the cache memory, and still nothing!

I have a constant message saying that the storage is running out, and sometimes it says internal storage is 100% full. I'm out of options and I don't know what else to do. I haven't really seen any solutions to the problem, only explanations. I just want to know what I need to do to stop this annoying problem and what do I do to be able to update my Whatsapp as I am unable to update some of my apps.

PS I don't even use any apps except Whatsapp so I'm not even sure how the internal storage is full. 

Sony please help!! not a happy bunnycustomer!

One time poster
Message 49 of 95
Message 49 of 95

Exactly the same, frustrating and annoying the constant transfer to SD card popping up, pops up countless times every single day, go to transfer to SD card and theres nothing to move, SONY you need to fix this because its making me want to smash the phone. Not happy

Learner
Message 50 of 95
Message 50 of 95

I also have the same problem!I moved everything to my SD card!there's only few apps in my phone, but I have only 300Mb free space!I saw that thumbnail cache has used 700Mb of my internal memory!Is there a way to clear thumbdata files and free some space?And is there a way to use the SD card as the primary storage?