account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to reset network lock counter?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Network unlock code PROBLEM

I also have a problem like this can you help me to solve this?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hi @Choy05, sorry for the late reply!

I'll gladly help you! Could you please elaborate a bit on the behaviour you are experiencing? Do you not have any attempts left?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Hi, in my experience, I had an XA and sent if off for a network counter reset. A week later got a repair quotation asking for £80 for: a broken Main display, Problems using the update service, a replacement battery, a replacement display, replacement earpiece and replacement "component"? Wow! And all I wanted was a counter reset! Beware!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Hi @Dave53!

Was the device defect when you sent it in to have the counter reset? I'm not quite sure how the routines work in your market but as far as I know, the service centre will need to repair all defects on the device, even when it's "just" to reset the counter.

For more detailed information about the service routines in your market, get in touch with your Local support team as they are much better informed about this than I am, as I work Globally and the routines may vary between regions/markets.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Anyone else trying to find out how much they will be fleeced to have a sony tablet counter reset.. I can tell them....

£25 Twenty Five GBP just to 'Assess' the item, then £26 Twenty Six GBP to reset the counter.

£51 for what ?........I paid the 25 (no choice!) and told the robbing sh*ts to return the thing to me. sony NEVER AGAIN !

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Re: How to reset network lock counter?

Phone invalid chip no service?