account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Front camera is not working.

One time poster
Message 11 of 132
Message 11 of 132

Re: Front camera is not working.

Hi
Also have the same issue
Already tried safemode and flashing stock firmware but none of them solved my issue..
Help...
Learner
Message 12 of 132
Message 12 of 132

No front camera icon in the camera app

Hello!

I bought my m4 last week and everything was normal until this morning when i tried to use the camera and the app didn´t work, so i decided to reset the mobile. After doing this, the camera app works as usual but when i looked for the front camera i discovered that the icon had just disappear.

I' ve tried everything, reseting the mobile again, clearing all the data of the app, starting the mobile in safe mode, and nothing happened. I also tried with others apps, like instagram or twitter, but it isn't work.

Please, could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Emperor
Message 13 of 132
Message 13 of 132

Re: No front camera icon in the camera app

@Canwet

Repair the phone with PCC and report back

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 14 of 132
Message 14 of 132

i repair the phone with pcc and the problem still there, is anything more that i can do?

thanks

Learner
Message 15 of 132
Message 15 of 132

Try Factory Data Reset  it may solve your problem

Note- please backup your all data including Contacts, sms, pictures etc it may delete all data of your phone.

1. Go to settings

2. Then under settings select Backup & reset

3. under Backup & reset select  Factory Data Reset then reset phone.

Learner
Message 16 of 132
Message 16 of 132

I've already done that reseting thing and the problem still there, I don´t  know what else I can do, I just want my front camera back... 

Emperor
Message 17 of 132
Message 17 of 132

@Canwet

You have to contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 18 of 132
Message 18 of 132

Re: Front camera is not working.

I am having same issue and I have done a factory reset, cleared data in camera app and this helps for about a day and then the issue happens again... I cannot keep resetting my entire phone weekly and everyone else is having the same issue. Can someone please help me fix WITHOUT having to remove all my data? The last one didnt let me restore and I have to start from scratch which on a work mobile can be very tedious. 

Learner
Message 19 of 132
Message 19 of 132

M4 Aqua Front camera button

I have a Sony M4 Aqua and now the button to switch to the front camera is gone.

Now i cannot use it anymore

How do i get it back?

Thank you.

Emperor
Message 20 of 132
Message 20 of 132

Re: M4 Aqua Front camera button

@Twindaddy

I'm sorry to hear that, since its a hardware issue you have to contact your Local support