account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Flash blinding the picture

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Flash blinding the picture

Hi everyone,

It seems that I have a problem with my flash on my M4. It completely blinds my pictures making them look white. Moreover, if I want to activate my torch light, the flash doesn't work unless I press with my finger on the back of the phone on a delimited area. So I think it must be a faulty connection (and I guess this must be a hardware problem then...).

But I'm not sure about the former problem's origin and I hope you can help me figure it out.
Thank you in advance for your support and feedback.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flash blinding the picture

@Mystalite

Does your phone has a protective case, film, glass?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes I use a case, almost at all times.

Adviser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

check whether your phone case covers the camera flash and may reflect that to the camera. Check removing it and capture a photo meanwhile while you are holding your finger will sometimes cover the flash which leads your photo to be whitish

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I of course already tried these options. And no matter how I do it, the flash is all over the picture every time... So I think I'm just going to send back my phone for repair, because it must be hardware.