account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Failing to transfer data to Sd card

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Failing to transfer data to Sd card

I am having a problem where upon trying to transfer data from my internal memory to my external memory my phone give the message that there is insufficient storage, but there is plenty of room on my sd card. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on to how to fix this. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Failing to transfer data to Sd card

Hi @Jackgrayson25,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear about the transfer issue Slightly frowning Face

I suggest formatting the SD card first and then attempting the transfer, as this may help clear out any issues you may have.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

К сожалению Ваше предложение отформатировать sidi- диск не решатерет проблему. При переполнении внутреннего диска телефоны - телефон предлагает пиренести данные (но память телефоны забита предустановленными с завода программами, т.е. переносить нечего), отформатировать или отключить sidi-диск, т.е. телефон предлагает сделать много операций с sidi-диском, хотя он практически пуст. Извините, но данная проблема судя по заросам в интернете является проблемой как минимум данный модели телефона. Скачиваемые с плеймаркета программы на телефон и переносимые на диск  телефон воспринимает как находящиеся на внутреннем диске телефона. И при последующей загрузке программ  предлагает их удалить для освобождения места.

Unfortunately your offer to format sidi-disk does not solve the problem. When the phone's internal disk is full, the phone offers the data to the pirenity (but the memory of the phones is clogged with preinstalled programs from the factory, ie there is nothing to transfer), format or disable the sidi-disk, i.e. The phone offers to do many operations with the sidi-disk, although it is practically empty. Sorry, but this problem, judging by the bogus on the Internet is a problem at least this phone model. Programs downloaded from the program's playlist to the phone and transferred to the disc are perceived as being on the internal disk of the phone. And the next time you download programs, you can delete them to free up space.

@Тая263

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

but what is the solution ?, I have the same problem, it does not enable me to perform the transfer, I recognize the memory, format it but nothing