account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera Problem - "Error Unknown error"

Highlighted
Genius
Message 41 of 89
Message 41 of 89

Re: Camera not working and neither is the flash light function

Hi @Gadija

Please, try to boot your device into safe mode like explained in the link below and check if this issue persists:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 42 of 89
Message 42 of 89

Front cam issue

Front cam of my sony xperia m2 appears only black screen.and when i click the capture button error message appear that camera is not available..pls help me fix this as soon as possible..tnx
Message 43 of 89
Message 43 of 89

Re: Front cam issue

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Camera -> Clear data and restart your phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Forum Legend
Message 44 of 89
Message 44 of 89

You may also want to try a service test - Dial *#*#7378423#*#* then open Service test then look for Secondary camera, If it works then you have a software issue and if not then it's a hardware issue meaning you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 45 of 89
Message 45 of 89

The problem with the camera it's probably h/w and cannot be solved.

My old M4 aqua had this problem during summer holidays and everything i tried (clear cache, clear data, factory reset, clear installation) was unsuccessful. The problem never fixed

Local Sony support decided to replace the phone with new one

One time poster
Message 46 of 89
Message 46 of 89

Re: Camera Problem - "Error Unknown error"

Hi! I have problem with main camera on my Xperia M4. The autofocus doesn`t work. In my country is not available Authorized Service Center Sony. How can i resolve this problem?

Visitor
Message 47 of 89
Message 47 of 89

camera error

Hello Sony,
I am currently facing the camera issue. Its not starting showing a mesg of unknown error. I tried to boot in safe mode, also clear the cache memory from all app... Still unsuccessful.

Just wanted to the latest update will solve my problem or I should visit near service centre.
Please help
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 48 of 89
Message 48 of 89

Re: camera error

Try repairing your phone with Sony PC Companion
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
Visitor
Message 49 of 89
Message 49 of 89

I also tried to check my rear camera through diagnosis tool available in about phone... Only flash and front camera is working... But the rear one isn't showing anything.. . Please guide is it a hardware issue or a software... ????
Please help....
My phone has been replaced last month only... And I am really feeling very bad... With regular issue with this phone
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 50 of 89
Message 50 of 89

If PC Companion doesn't solve the problem. Then more than likely it is a hardware issue and the best thing to do is to contact Sony Xperia support for further assistance.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/