account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

my sony xperia M2 is frozen :(((

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

my sony xperia M2 is frozen :(((

Hello sorry i was just wondering if you can help me ! I tried to connect my xperia M2 phone to a Mac to print photos off and since then it has been frozen on 'sony' screen for 4 whole days !! It was probably very stupid of me but now i dont have a phone to use to contact my parents (im a student)! someone told me that there is a reset button which i could press but it will completely swipe everything off of my phone which i dont want Slightly frowning Face( please help! i need my phone back Slightly frowning Face

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: my sony xperia M2 is frozen :(((

Force it to turn off:

http://userguide.sonymobile.com/referrer.php?region=global-en&product=xperia-m2#!Resetting-your-devi...

Turn it on.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

sony xperia shutdown.jpg

Visitor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

My sony xperia m2 aqua shuted down whilst installing system update what do I do
Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

when I switch it on it jst show an android robot and then switch off its urgent help make
One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

will pressing the off button in the sim panel will erase off all my data in the phone

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

No. It simply forces the phone to shut down so you can restart it. Just like removing the battery.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

If your phone is frozen , it may not switch off if you press the side power button .You will have to "hard reset "the phone. Open the side cover where you put the sin cad in.You will see a tiny hole , thats a reset button.Use something like a pen or end of a paperclip to press the reset button.Dont use a pin because that will damage the button. Your phone will switch off.Switch on your phone and it should be ready to use .

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Great advice. Managed to bring my phone back from the dead thanks to you.