account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 191 of 197
Message 191 of 197

Re: lost notes app

I just lost literally years worth of notes. Tonnes of creative energy gone, for literally NOTHING. Sony are an utter disgrace to have not made more of an effort to help people with this. What in God's name is the point of an update if all it does is some minor aesthetic changes and deletes your personal data?? How can they remain so silent on this? Literally never buying another Sony product again. No PS4, no more Xperias, nothing. This is beyond appalling.

Visitor
Message 192 of 197
Message 192 of 197

I am on the verge of going into a full blown depression over this. I cannot believe Sony would delete so many people's data and then refuse to even do anything about it.

They've also been deleting comments in this thread that make them look bad, and the fact that they have marked this as 'solved' given the nature of what some people are going through is quite stomach churning. I'm going to take this further.

One time poster
Message 193 of 197
Message 193 of 197

I've looked through all this thread to try and find a way to retreive my notes data that was lost during the latest phone update and am surprised that in the 2 years this thread has been going, Sony has not sorted out a solution or even stopped this from happening.  I had ALOT of important information on notes just like many here that has caused me alot of extra work and stress.

SONY - You are upsetting a lot of people with just this one major issue.  If you do not care about the actions you have taken or not worried about the power of social then be warned.  I will be contacting news agencies regards the lack of care or resolution as this has not only upset me but 100's if not more from this thread alone.  Put it this way, I wouldn't want to buy shares in SONY if more people knew about this!

ALL I want to know is how are you going to stop this from happening in future, and what can you do to help us innocent users that have been caught out!!!

Message 194 of 197
Message 194 of 197

Like MANY others I find it unbelievable that a company of Sony's size could just plough on with an update that does so much damage.  My wife stored all sorts of valuable info in Notes thinking that because it was a Sony app (and not something knocked up by a kid in his/her bedroom) it would be safe.  I don't want anyone to commit seppuku, but as a software tester I would be mortified if I dropped the ball like this.  Is Sony unaware of the reputational damage caused?  The status of 'Solved' is frankly insulting.

Message 195 of 197
Message 195 of 197

Just noticed the Xperia(tm) Care logo - what a joke!

One time poster
Message 196 of 197
Message 196 of 197

Just went to add some info to my notes as I have kept 2 years worth of data in there and can not find the app.

Only updated recently I am devastated. I have always sung sonys prasies but not any more. The solved status of this thread is a slap in the face.

The thing that I am most upset about is I kept all my pets health information in there so it was to hand when I went to the vets but now it is all gone. I used sonys app because I thought sony would be more reilable than an unknown builder how wrong I was.

One time poster
Message 197 of 197
Message 197 of 197

How to recovery my lost data of note app