account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 181 of 197
Message 181 of 197

Re: lost notes app

I have a hard time believing that is true. As I've mentioned before on a previous post, I'm sure all my notes data are still in my phone and the reason why I know that is because shortly before updating my phone I had recorded a few really long audio files on the notes app. They had completely filled my phone's memory. After buying a memory card and transfering every single app, photo, video and file to the memory card, my phone still frequently tells me it's 75% full and I need to transfer apps and files to the card. However, there's nothing left to be transfered...except for the files from the notes app which I cannot access or delete.

At this point, that is more annoying than losing the content (and a constant reminder of what Sony has done), because the only solution would be to format my phone. So Sony's mistake and unwillingness to fix it, has caused me two issues big issues: the lost content and the lost space in my phone's memory. 

I really believe this can be fixed. If Sony at least explained how to access those files, I could probably recover them myself or with the help of other programmers. At the very least I could delete them to free up space on my phone. But of course they don't seem willing to even do that.

I'm still subscribed to this thread and will follow it until I decide to format the phone or buy a new one (which will NOT be a Sony, that's for sure). Maybe Sony will decide to share something with us or someone will figure it out without their help, or I will figure something out and post it.

Adviser
Message 182 of 197
Message 182 of 197

I'm keeping an eye on this thread too in the hope that one day I will get my notes back (with important data in them that I can't really afford to lose)

One time poster
Message 183 of 197
Message 183 of 197

My notes have been lost. They were very precious to me. If you have the good fortune of reading this before you buy a Sony product... Don't do it! They are reckless with their customers and I am hugely disappointed.
One time poster
Message 184 of 197
Message 184 of 197

Ditto.  My Xperia S fell in the loo as I was flushing.  Unfortunately the S model was not 'toilet' proof.  Luckily my new Xperia Z3 is toilet proof up to 1.5 mt!  

Anyhoo, I too found that the Notes app that came with the S is not with the Z3 and I can't find it on Google Play either.  When i tried to restore a backkup with PC Companion, "Notes" was the one tickbox that couldn't be restored.  

I too lost heaps of important information and notes relevant to Tax claims and other logs with that simple app.  The app was so simple, you simply don't think of saving or exporting the content externally, you just always assume it would be there.

Deal with this issue Sony, it might seem trivial bu the content is VERY important.  

One time poster
Message 185 of 197
Message 185 of 197

im not much of an update fan, but i did the update like 2-3 weeks ago. Using notes since i got my phone...which is like 1,5-2 years.

Yesterday i noticed that all my notes were gone. If there is no way to recover my notes, why didnt they informed users that their notes will be lost or fix the update, since this is a problem going on from november last year. Just why?

And please tell me if anyone has found a way to recover notes, without making backup before?\

Inhabitant
Message 186 of 197
Message 186 of 197

I use Notes App a lot but now I decided to upgrade from Z1 Compact to Z5 Compact and Boom no Notes App.
One time poster
Message 187 of 197
Message 187 of 197

Hello Rickard,

It's almost a year. I'm also cannot restore notes backup from Z1 compact into Z5 compact. This is serious matter, do not abandon this problem.

Thanks

One time poster
Message 188 of 197
Message 188 of 197

I have also realised that the notes app from my Xperia M2 has gone, with important notes in it. Sony should be sued for this. 

Visitor
Message 189 of 197
Message 189 of 197

this is disgraceful Sony... I am your number one fan but this is so shameful on you as a big company.. this should go VIRAL.

One time poster
Message 190 of 197
Message 190 of 197

It just happened to me this week!!!

I'm sorry I didn't know my notes were not safe in my Sony Experia M2.  Now, browsing this forum, I think Sony could at least warn those users who are still using the Notes app.

Thanks.

Cèlia