account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 161 of 197
Message 161 of 197

Re: lost notes app

Well, it's purely speculative, but if they dont own the app, the'y probably feel less than involved.

I haven't been around this forum long enough to know how & how often Sony personnel officially interacts with forum members.

Also, seeing the scathing Sony-bashing of this thread, I suspect any Sony person would think twice before committing anything to writing ...!

Be that as it may, I'm still curious to find out if this problem has been noticed on Samsung & c.

cheers

Inhabitant
Message 162 of 197
Message 162 of 197

latest firmware update 18.3.1.C.1.13 has brought back the notes app.

Adviser
Message 163 of 197
Message 163 of 197

@rikmoncur Has it brought back the old notes?

Adviser
Message 164 of 197
Message 164 of 197

strange, when I run my Update Center, it reports I've got the latest, when I KNOW that I dont (I'm still on 18.3.1.C.0.21)

?!

Regular
Message 165 of 197
Message 165 of 197

Nope. We can say goodbye to our old notes with the complete silence and unsupport from Sony. What a shame.

Inhabitant
Message 166 of 197
Message 166 of 197

Good news! If you've got a back up of your old notes, a restore will bring them back!

I've just restored notes from October 2014, from before the kitkat update.

Adviser
Message 167 of 197
Message 167 of 197

@rikmoncur - What was the procedure to take a backup? How do you do a restore?

Inhabitant
Message 168 of 197
Message 168 of 197

I regularly backup with Sony PC Companion to my desktop PC. If you've done this already, you can do a selective restore of just the notes using Sony PC Companion.

Adviser
Message 169 of 197
Message 169 of 197

@rikmoncur - I'm not sure all users do those kind of backups, so this doesn't help lots of us. I expect notes on a phone to stay put, so wouldn't see the need to back them up.

Visitor
Message 170 of 197
Message 170 of 197

Like everyone else here, I also lost my notes and I think Sony should do something about it. 

The reason I'm posting is that I'm 99% sure that the content of the notes was not erased. I say that because other than notes, I had also recorded a couple of VERY long audio notes which pretty much filled my internal memory. 

I have since gotten a SD card to transfer nearly all of my apps and ALL of my videos and photos so I could free some of my internal memory, but I still keep getting the 75% full message every time I download even a small file.

That leads me to believe that the content is still on my phone. And it's extremely annoying that not only I can't access it, but I also cannot delete it to free up the internal memory.

I know I could factory reset my phone or something, but I'm not about to do that because it's a hude hassle. Also, if the data really is still there like I think, I'm not going to delete it until I can recover it, because I know it is possible. I work in IT and so does my husband and most of our friends, and we all know that most things CAN be done when it comes to technology. The issue is not usually whether it's possible to do something, but whether it's worth the time and trouble it takes. 

I'm guessing Sony unfortunately does not think it's worth it to them to fix this, even though they caused the problem themselves.

I still have some hope that they will decide to fix this, but I'm definitely not holding my breath as they have showed us all how little they care about this, and I doubt they are in a hurry to fix anything.