account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 197
Message 1 of 197

lost notes app

Hello,u just update my sony xperia m2 d2303 yesterday for android version 4.4.4.i noticed that the notes app and some widget are lost..can somebody please help me how to recover these things bcause i hv many important things inside the note..thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 138 of 197
Message 138 of 197

Re: lost notes app

There's currently no information on when the update can be released but if i get information on this i will of course let you know.

But i have just received updated information about this and i'm very sorry to say that it now looks like it will not be possible to recover the notes that were saved after all. The notes application will be added again but the old data that was saved may be permanently deleted and not possible to recover.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

196 REPLIES 196
Emperor
Message 2 of 197
Message 2 of 197

Re: lost app

Settings > apps > all > scroll to the bottom is the app there?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 197
Message 3 of 197

Thanks for the reply..no its not there...and i'm very sure that i dont uninstalled it..after the updates the notes app gone already
Emperor
Message 4 of 197
Message 4 of 197

There isn't much to say here, you could sideload the app, what I will suggest is to whenever you get access to your notes download Google Keep, that way you don't have to worry about losing them 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 197
Message 5 of 197

Okay thank you
Emperor
Message 6 of 197
Message 6 of 197

Anytime

One time poster
Message 7 of 197
Message 7 of 197

Hi this has just happened to me too. I did update then my Notes has gone completely! I had lots of important info on them, can't believe it's disappeared.
One time poster
Message 8 of 197
Message 8 of 197

This also happened to me last night. I'm not happy as lost loads of important lists. If I'd known that the app would disappear when I updated I wouldn't have ever used the app.
Unbelievable. Extremely annoyed.
Regular
Message 9 of 197
Message 9 of 197

Re: lost Sony Notes app

The same happens here. The notes app disappeared WITHOUT ANY PREVIOUS WARNING and now I don't know where is the info stored on it. Simply incredible. Does Sony think nobody was using the notes application?

Is there any way to download and install the Sony Notes apk?

One time poster
Message 10 of 197
Message 10 of 197

Has happened to me too, can't find app anywhere, have tried looking in settings, apps, all but there is nothing there. Surely Sony must have a fix for this, help!!!