account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Si4
Visitor
Message 171 of 197
Message 171 of 197

Re: lost notes app

Sony have sent me their latest software version it's sat on my notification task bar...... AND THATS WHERE IT IS STAYING........ Unless anyone out there can tell me how to make it disappear without installing it.
Adviser
Message 172 of 197
Message 172 of 197

@aapp this tallies with what Sony had said both on this forum and in support calls. For a long time there was a hope that the data was going to be recoverable. Sadly though this hope seems to have faded.

Learner
Message 173 of 197
Message 173 of 197

Have just got my notes back!!!!  Updated the soft ware to 18.3.1.c.1.13 and lo and behold- the app is back. Then restored notes only from a back up from before 4.4.4!!!! I am now busy copying everything to Evernote, trusting soul that I am.

Adviser
Message 174 of 197
Message 174 of 197

@HevaL - that's great for you, but for those of us who didn't take backups it is no good. Before this episode, I wouldn't have thought of taking a backup of notes on a phone. Now I will always do, or better use a service that does it automatically.

One time poster
Message 175 of 197
Message 175 of 197

Never again SONY never never never I lost a lot of things of my work in the notes

One time poster
Message 176 of 197
Message 176 of 197

there´s no way to get the notes app, if you send it to my cellphone directly? or another way to recover the notes from a fullbackupdata in another program?

One time poster
Message 177 of 197
Message 177 of 197

After losing all my notes in february after an update,its just happened again . I shall never buy another sony product as long as there is breath in my body. How can a global media/entertainment corporation let this happen..twice. ?. Samsung here i come.

Visitor
Message 178 of 197
Message 178 of 197

Got the same problem too: all notes have been lost. This is ridiculous. I don't know what I'm more angry about: the fact that they've deleted people's notes without permission or the fact that they have the audacity to have 'solved' next to the thread!

Seriously, can you (@Rickard) please remove the incredibly insensitive 'solved' tick next to the thread and stop pretending that this has all been dealt with, because that is an out-and-out lie. This problem is only solved when you find a way to bring the notes back that you had no right to get rid of in the first place. Has any progress been made on being able to get them back? As someone pointed out above, there usually is a way to get stuff back, it just takes a bit of time and effort or has this just been abandoned altogether now? The fact that there has been no correspondence since January is appalling as well. Can we please know if this is something that Sony are still bothering to look into or will they just continue to pretend that this problem has been 'solved'?

Adviser
Message 179 of 197
Message 179 of 197

@1893chamhill I messaged @Rickard about it being marked as solved. Here is the reply:

No, i'm afraid a solution that will restore the notes for all users doesn't exist. The notes are permanently deleted and only if you have made a backup of them previously you may be able to restore them. The purpose of having a post marked as solution in this case is for new users coming to the forum to be able to find that information more easily since the thread is 18 pages long.

I'm very sorry that you have lost your notes and i understand that you may be frustrated but i'm afraid it's not possible for us to restore your notes.

BR

Rickard

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 180 of 197
Message 180 of 197

How charming. You can really feel his sympathy.

Irony is I didn't buy an iPhone because I thought Apple were a bunch of Billy Big-Timers who didn't give a doggy's doo dah about their customers. Lesson learnt: buy an iPhone next time.