account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 131 of 197
Message 131 of 197

Re: lost notes app

I will never trust Sony again and will certainly never purchase anything of theirs again either. They have got a lot of explaining to do. Nasty company.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 132 of 197
Message 132 of 197

I have just received news that the notes app will be added again in an upcoming software update for the phone. If you haven't reset your phone you should also be able to access your saved notes again with this update.

There currently no information on when this update will be available and as usual, availability and timing may depend on local and operator approvals.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 133 of 197
Message 133 of 197

Face with open Mouth

well I hope this is true and it works!

Rickard... not sure if you'll know, but I downloaded the notes app again via the link posted earlier on in this thread... it works in exactly the same way but it obviously isn't the official default app, will this affect the version of the app being added in the next software update? Shall I just delete it before the next update? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 134 of 197
Message 134 of 197

I'm afraid that's hard for me to say. An unofficial version of our app may perhaps cause issues but i can't say for sure.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 135 of 197
Message 135 of 197

Thanks for the information. I'll just make sure it's deleted when it comes to it.

Adviser
Message 136 of 197
Message 136 of 197

This is great news. Thank you Rickard for your interventions. We will wait to see if we get our notes back (not too concerned about the app itself - I will keep using it if Sony can give guarantees about the preservation of the data, as frankly, notes on a phone is not something I can get into the habit of backing up,)
Regular
Message 137 of 197
Message 137 of 197

Thanks for your reply, Rickard.

But it has been more than a month since the damned update left us without our notes. Looking at Sony's super slow response, can you tell us al least how many time must we still wait? One week? One month?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 138 of 197
Message 138 of 197

There's currently no information on when the update can be released but if i get information on this i will of course let you know.

But i have just received updated information about this and i'm very sorry to say that it now looks like it will not be possible to recover the notes that were saved after all. The notes application will be added again but the old data that was saved may be permanently deleted and not possible to recover.

Adviser
Message 139 of 197
Message 139 of 197

That's very bad news Rickard. Are you sure it is correct as one minute we were told the data could be recovered and the next minute you are saying it is permanently deleted? Are you absolutely sure that we won't be told something different tomorrow to stop us getting our hopes up?
Adviser
Message 140 of 197
Message 140 of 197

Rickard, there's not much point putting notes back on then if we can't salvage our data. We might just as well install another app. This is not good enough.