account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

lost notes app

SOLVED
Talent
Message 42 of 197
Message 42 of 197

Re: LOST NOTES APP AFTER UPDATE 4.4.4 ON M2

Its been removed I believe in the update. Won't be coming back. I been using google keep so much better
Visitor
Message 39 of 197
Message 39 of 197

Re: lost app

Noes are gone. Xperia Care confirmed me on phone that all notes are gone. They suggested to yse KEEP app for notes now and to keep regular backups.  So so frustrating

Visitor
Message 43 of 197
Message 43 of 197

I too lost the Notes app as a consequence of utilising the 4.2.2 update.  Annoyed, you bet!

I used the Notes app a lot and am hugely disappointed that my personal data has been removed from my device without warning and definitely without my consent.  As a core application I never even considered that it would be removed and my data jeopardised as a result of an update.  This is really bad practice, and I can only assume that it was a mistake.

I am really hoping that Sony do the right thing and issue a further update that reinstates the Notes app, along with instructions on how to reinstate the data that was held within it.

This is a pity, as I was more than happy with the phone, on the whole.  But this whole episode has undermined the confidence that I had in the device and Sony as a company.

Please sort this out!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 197
Message 44 of 197

As i wrote earlier in this thread (http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M2-M2-dual-M2-Aqua/lost-app/m-p/897228#M2712) i have forwarded this internally but i don't have any new information yet i'm afraid. As soon as i do i will update this thread.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 45 of 197
Message 45 of 197

I am absolutely dismayed my important notes have disappeared too.. I have very important information noted. Surely the wisdom should be based on all apps working before such an upgrade is passed? Im more than inconvenienced and far from wanting to recommend sony to friends in future.
Regular
Message 46 of 197
Message 46 of 197

Oh my notes :-(

Learner
Message 47 of 197
Message 47 of 197

If there is a petition or something we can start to get Sony 's attention please let me know. Making mistakes is one thing but making mistakes and just ignore customers complaints is totally unprofessional.

Seriously I really need those notes back.....
One time poster
Message 48 of 197
Message 48 of 197

Add me to the list.  I can't believe Sony would delete the Notes app without warning us. I was keeping loads of useful information here.   Has it really all gone?  for ever?.  Please retrieve it for us - somehow!

One time poster
Message 49 of 197
Message 49 of 197

I just had the same problem. My notes have disappeared! What the **bleep**?! How can they just remove an inbuilt app such as that without any advance notice?! This is atrocious.
I can't lose my notes! Fix this immediately and restore them as they were!
Have to say I'm rather disgruntled by Sony.
One time poster
Message 50 of 197
Message 50 of 197

How to restore d notes on it