account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia M2 stuck on boot

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia M2 stuck on boot

Hi,

I just start my phone by updating the latest firmware. It goes nicely and ok until the one (firmware) before the lollipop update. Seems like the file is too big for me to update it through the phone. So, I connect my phone to the PC Companion and update it by itself. Suddenly, when it was updating (after the phone shutdown itself), my USB cable was not detectable by the PC anymore. It just update half of the firmware (not complete). I am not sure what is the actual problem but I think it was the firmware. Now, I just can PowerOff+VolumeUp and it's vibrate once in the 10 seconds and thrice after that. My PCC no more detect my phone. Sorry my bad English. Hope to reply as soon as possible.

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia M2 stuck on boot

@DanialMY

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold the power and volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2-3 hours

Repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)