account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Very low sound from speaker

Rookie
Message 11 of 43
Message 11 of 43

Re: Very low sound from speaker

Hi Kris77PL
I saw you video, do i need to peel thin layer on the bottom of my phone?
But my xperia doesn't have it. My phone is a white xperia M2 D2302.

Do you have any suggestion?
Learner
Message 12 of 43
Message 12 of 43

Hi Iridia, there is double layer, first one is kind of plastic stuff and then tiny net, basically you need to uncover your speaker. But you must be aware that phone speaker will be ecsposed to dust and other dirt. However I did that to my phone when I uploaded video and speaker is still OK since then.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 43
Message 13 of 43

Low volume is caused by update to Lollipop...

Learner
Message 14 of 43
Message 14 of 43

Nope, that was done before Lollipop release date.

Adviser
Message 15 of 43
Message 15 of 43

Strange, because mine is ringing lower right after Lollipop update. It was the first thing that I've noticed. Another problem was heavy battery drain and heavy heating on the phone, for five-six of days in a row. I presumed that an application made that, with huge data trafic. Now, the battery seems to be ok.

Anyway, I hope that Sony will do something about the lower sound.

Rookie
Message 16 of 43
Message 16 of 43

Low sound

Hello.I've my M2 dual about for an year it had not the highest sound mobile but it seemed normal.But latest update 5.1.1 I noticed that the sound is much more lower than it was previously and whats wrong?Also I have question, phone has speaker cover and it's partly damaged and it affects on sound?
Adviser
Message 17 of 43
Message 17 of 43

Re: Low sound

@Elyos

It has nothing to do with that layer from speaker cover. If it is partialy damaged or you have a gap there, it should ring a little bit louder. Did you had speaker cover damaged before the Lollipo update?

Rookie
Message 18 of 43
Message 18 of 43

Yes.But after update sound lowered
Learner
Message 19 of 43
Message 19 of 43

Also after update to 5.1.1, sound is lower in speaker when I am talking with somebody.

I rollback to 4.4.4 and now sound, camera and gps is good.

Sony, please do not embarrass yourself with this lollipop update. 

Adviser
Message 20 of 43
Message 20 of 43

So, the update is the main reason for lower sound. We should start sending emails to Sony and request to solve this issue.