account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia M2 flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

One time poster
Message 21 of 24
Message 21 of 24

Re: Sony Xperia M2 / M dual flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

Hello, Everyone.. I am also one of them like you who faced the same problem...with XPERIA

But I am able to resolve it.

Please do the following:

1. Connect your mobile with new charger or xperia compatible charger for about to 10-20 minutes.

2. After that you start pressing  POWER button and VOLUME UP button (Simultaneously) untill you saw the XPERIA start screen or     till  the mobile vibrates.

3.I have done same thing, I found my solution.

Hope this solution helps to all...... 

Thank you...!!

One time poster
Message 22 of 24
Message 22 of 24

Re: when i press the on button light only comes out everythin...

thanks boii now my unit is now working. Thanks a lot, i really mean it, because of your comment i now dont need to bring it to the closest service center which is 12 kilometers away. Thanks again you saved me plenty of money Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 23 of 24
Message 23 of 24

Re: Sony Xperia M2 flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

This is what just happened to my LWW, tried some random stuff, some key combinations of volume up+ power, home button and all. Lastly I removed the battery and while the charger is connected I placed the battery. And that's it. It's charging now. Will try to power on once it gets fully charged.

One time poster
Message 24 of 24
Message 24 of 24

Re: Sony Xperia M2 flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

Good Day,

I was reasearching a bit about another problem when i came accros this thread.

for those still facing this problem, just put the unit on charge, leave the unit for 5 mins. then unplug the unit and put the unit back on charge and leave it. in most casses that flashing red light is the unit running a self calibration test. sometimes the battery is just drained far beyond the level it should be. in most casses the unit will work fine in an hours time if my instructions were followed. also remove the sd card and sim card and any trays in the unit and close the flaps if you still have them attached.