account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia M2 flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

Visitor
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Sony Xperia M2 flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

Okay so i have been having this problem for about a week.

I tried turning on my phone the other day but it wasnt doing that so i thought maybe it ran out of battery then i let i charge for a couple of hours and left it untouched.

When i came back my phone was flashing a red light and the sony logo would apear and my phone would vibrate but then it would shut down again.

This has been happening for all week i let it charge overnight but still the same thing happens flashing red and vibrating.

Sometimes the light dosent flash and i can turn my phone on for a while but i never know when it could randomly shut down.

i tried using the Pc companion program to try and fix it but my phone wont stay on for long enough for it to be able to do that.

Any tips on what i could do ? the last thing i wanna do right now is call sony so please if you know any possible way of fixing this let me know Slightly smiling Face

23 REPLIES 23
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Sony Xperia M2 flashing Red LED light and wont turn on.

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Have you tried to power on the phone without SIM- and/or SD-card to see if this can help? Otherwise, a software repair via PC Companion would be recommeded:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it. When you are going to connect the phone, the phone should be completely off. Hold the ON/OFF button + volume up(+) for 10 seconds.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

I did it how you explained but when my phone is off and i plug it into my pc the red light starts flashing again and it starts turning off and on so the program cant finnish what it needs to do Slightly frowning Face any other possible solutions?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

When you are going to connect the phone, make sure that you hold the volume down(-) button before connecting the USB-cable and keep hold it down until PC Companion goes to the next step. Sometimes this can take up to 1 minute. You can also try to charge the phone for 2-3 hours before you try this repair, force a shutdown by holding the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button > Connect it to the charger via wall socket and let the phone charge for 2-3 hours. You can then follow the steps in PC Companion again without trying to power on the phone.

But if you are unable to perform this software repair, I suggest that you visit nearest service center to have your phone examined by a technician. You can contact your local support team for further information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Hey there. Same thing is happening to my phone atm. Did you end up fixing it?? If so how! Thanks
One time poster
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

turn you fone off put the charger in in should flash 3 times then after a hour it should charge then just take all uer info off and put it in the bin as all fones with this chargeing port arel all the same heep haveing failts PAY A NEW FONE ONE WITH A DIFF CHARGEING PORT 

Visitor
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Phone stuck on charging light

First of all hi everybody Slightly smiling Face

So,i was at school,and i checked my phone too see what time was it,and it had between 50-60% battery.

when i came home and try to turn on my phone the blinking red lights that appear when you don't have battery showed.

I connected my phone to the charger and the ''charging light'' showed up,but nothing else.

now,11 hours later still anything happens,just the phone turned off and the ''charging'' light,my phone won't do anything,i unplugged it,´plugged it again,pressed all the buttons,it just won't respond to anything.

Any advices on how to solve this? 

Visitor
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Re: Phone stuck on charging light

Never mind,just got it to work 

i pressed the ''off'' button on the micro sim slot and everything is good now Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Re: Phone stuck on charging light

you can also press and hold power & volume up at the same time for at least 10 seconds. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Hey, I had that problem and I fixed it how they said by pressing the volume and power button at the same time for one minute