account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Settings,contacts and calls apps not responding (Android 5.1.1)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Settings,contacts and calls apps not responding (Android 5.1.1)

Hi there,

I have a Sony Xperia M2 Aqua, with an Android 5.1.1 operational system.

It's been about 3 days now that my Contacts, Notes and Settings Apps have stoped responding.

I don't even receive an error message. The window opens, nothing shows up, and then the app shuts down.

I can't make calls, nor access my contacts' list or check my settings.

I don't want to lose my information in the notes, so I am trying to avoid a factory reset.
Does anyone knows what's going on?
I did update YouTube a few days ago and thought that might be the problem. I have another app, DuSpeed Booster, that allowed me to manage my apps (because I can't through the settings), and I've removed a few apps, thinking it might be a storage problem... Then removed updates from other several apps (including youtube and almost all Google apps). But nothing has worked.

Well...hoping to hear from you.

Thanks!
Fernanda

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Settings,contacts and calls apps not responding (Android 5.1.1)

@fefagundes

Settings > storage how much free internal storage does your phone has?

Also, boot on >>> safe mode, this will disable all third party apps, perhaps an app is causing this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @uliwooli

I tried that (clearing storage space and rebooting on safe mode), didn't work unfortunately.

Thanks for answering, anyways. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Oh boy...

Now not even my alarm and clock will work... Messaging is not responding as well.

It's like my phone has a virus.

Help.. Slightly frowning Face