account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No sim card no service

Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

No sim card no service

My son has a Sony xperia m2 he took his sim card out then put it back in and it is now saying no sI'm no service do you know what this could be?
11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: No sim card no service

@Nosimcard

restart the phone and check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I have done this a number of times still no good.
Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Nosimcard

Are you using the correct SIM card size or did you trimmed/cut a regular SIM card? how old is the SIM card? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Yes its the right one. He has had it from brand new for roughly 6 months.was working fin uni he took it out then put it back in.
Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Nosimcard

I've seen users with a similar issue when they insert the SIM card backwards, which will damage the phone. You could repair the phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Does it detect the SIM card while on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Rookie
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

No.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Contact sony xperia support it seems to be a hardware problem.

Sony Xperia Support.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Sir, i had the same problem and i found a solution today itself. 

Step1: go to setting > mobile networks> select the preferred network type for that sim which is working. I did to LTE though sim was GSM. And select the preferred network type to GSM for non working sim.

STEP2 : then interchange the preferred network types and you will see that, your sim will work as previous.