account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

M2 Not Charging when Battery is Low

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

M2 Not Charging when Battery is Low

I recently took delivery of my M2 and am generally very pleased with it. However, I'm encountering a problem when the battery charge is low. It doesn't seem to take charge when I plug it in. It recognises that a charger is connected, as in tries to go into night mode and stops showing the "Connect your charger" message, but it doesn't actually CHARGE - no notification icon or light, battery keeps draining. Ultimately, the battery goes dead and the phone shuts down.Then, as "expected", it takes a few moments to show that it is charging, and eventually the light comes on and charge happens. This seems to only happen when the charge is low before I plug it in. If there is more than minimal charge, then it charges OK. It's a bit of a problem that I can't charge the phone when the charge is low.....

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Re: M2 Not Charging when Battery is Low

It might have been an app acting up.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Can you boot in safe mode and check if the same occcurs?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Also,have you tried different chargers?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

I have tried other chargers as well as the official one supplied. I will look at safe mode next time this happens, though...
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Keep us updated.

Learner
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Didn't have a problem at all last night... I'll keep an eye on it, though, obviously.
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

It might have been an app acting up.

Visitor
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Had a similar problem: battery not charging, or very slowly, not a whole night would have charged higher than 5%. Tried to reboot, push combinaisons of buttons... Seems to have been solved by pressing the reset button under the cover (down for more than 10 seconds, not sure it matters).

Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I have a Weird issue with my Car Charger. I have to plug the charger into the phone first. Then into the Power(Cigarette) Port. Otherwise it wont charge. And when it happens, the blue LED stays lit on the charger after I unplug from the car. The only other charger I have, is the USB cable attached to my Tablet. Leave it charge overnight for the next day.

I am thinking this is most likely the Car Charger. Possibly a Diode went bad.

Elantramax
2016 Hyundai Tucson SE AWD
2015 Harley Street 750
Regular
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

i have a battery problem also with my m2 aqua.

when i connect my phone to any electric source it gives the light and the phone displays charging sign and after a couple of hours i take a look at the phone it gives the same sign 0% nothing more nothing less please help i do not know what to do ?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Where's the reset button?