account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Illumination bar not working / lighting up after update 4.4.4 kitkat

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 11 of 60
Message 11 of 60

Re: Illumination bar not working / lighting up after update 4.4.4 kitkat

I am from India. I also have d same issue. It was not fixed after system repair using pc companion.
Learner
Message 12 of 60
Message 12 of 60

D2305 UA

after updating to 4.4.4 - illumination lights not working in any apps such as album, walkman or caller. LED/illumination test also not work. how to downgrade to 4.4.2 ?

Talent
Message 13 of 60
Message 13 of 60

The m2 does not have a light bar across the bottom of the phone like the sp does. It has a small led strip that lights up for various notificatios when the phone is in use.
Apprentice
Message 14 of 60
Message 14 of 60

I have an Xperia M2 D2303 and my illumination bar doesn't work at all after the 4.4.4 update Slightly frowning Face
Rookie
Message 15 of 60
Message 15 of 60

I have same problem after update kitkat 4.4.4
One time poster
Message 16 of 60
Message 16 of 60

Could we please get answers why the Led and Illuminating light at the bottom fails to work after 4.4.4 upgrade
Adviser
Message 17 of 60
Message 17 of 60

We need a fix... I think u own us that Sony...
Learner
Message 18 of 60
Message 18 of 60

Ok I'm back after some reaseach.

It seems that the update that Sony gave us for our Xperia M2s are rom bugged with the Andriod 4.4.4 KitKat Upadate.

I have flashed the 4.3 update which is Jelly Bean and the Illumiator bar working 100%.

Loaded up Albums and a pic of Konata and it blinded me with a long bright blue light.

Adviser
Message 19 of 60
Message 19 of 60

What an update auto brightness is not working properly.. all the notes r in the wind...illumination bar is screwed... Thats great work Sony keep it up
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 60
Message 20 of 60

Guys, mine too. But just press the off tiny button inside the flaps beside the sim slot. You'll see there's an off indicator their use neddle to turn it off. Wait for ten seconds then turn it on with the power button and your illuminating bar will work.