account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Headset not Supported

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Headset not Supported

Please help me with this. I'm using the original headset of my phone then all of a sudden it said "Headset not supported. Please use another headset of visit sony mobile support"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

Re: Headset not Supported

I tried turning off my phone and switching it on again then my headset works fine again.
28 REPLIES 28
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Please try this as a first step:

Main Menu > Settings > Apps > Smartconnect > Clear Data.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

It didn't work sir.
Visitor
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

What's the next step?
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

In this case pelase try another headset if possible; if not please try running a firmware repair:

Please note that performing these steps will delete all user data except for your media files (photos, music and video).

If your handset is able to be powered on and unlocked you can follow the below steps to back-up your personal data prior to running the repair.

Backing up your handset

To back up your phone using PC Companion 
1. Go to Support  to install PC Companion on a Windows computer. 
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer. 
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. 
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore. 
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard.

Running the software repair

Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software and install it on your PC.

Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.

Please ensure your phone is powered off and not connected to the PC when you begin this process. You are not required to connect the phone until after step 10.

1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

2. Phone Software Update.

3. Start.

4. Repair Phone

5. Continue

6. Accept data removal

7. Next

8. Wait for prepare

9. Select Phone

10. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

Is there simplier way than this?
Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

Not to run a fimrware repair sorry, however it is not as complicated as it looks.

sony_logo126x24.gif

Visitor
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

I tried turning off my phone and switching it on again then my headset works fine again.
One time poster
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

Headset not Supported

I purchased my Sony M2 Black in October and after a few times using the headset it stops working and says that the 'Headset is not suppported' i have tried other headphones and other suggestions including clearing cache and data but this does not work.  It only works temporarily when i do a complete factory reset.

Do you have any suggestions

Thanks

One time poster
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

It take only basic gadget skills to figure out that sony make this more difficult than nessesarly. There are standard spesifications to follow to make a headset, and no reason for this to change during the last 30 years. The only new standard (as far as I know) is the 4-poled mini jack supporting a mic, and the button function for answering calls.
If sony should claim this is for protecting the phone, the phone could easilly run a test when the handsfree is pluged in (99% of all handsfree should pass a test like that).
My second Sony in a row with unbelivable errors, Good bye Sony, I'll find another brand! (to bad)