account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Does M2 support 5 pole headphone jack?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Does M2 support 5 pole headphone jack?

Hi

Does anyone know if the M2 supports things like the STM-10 which use a 5-pole jack, rather than the 3-pole normal one?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Does M2 support 5 pole headphone jack?

Hi @Horatio,

To my knowledge Xperia M2 does not feature a 5-pole jack which means that the STM-10 will not work with it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

From my knowledge, it doesn't support 5-pole jack. In the manual, is not specified. On the STM10 oficial product page, is mentioned this: 

Compatible

• Xperia™ Z2
  • Xperia™ Z2 Tablet
  • Android smartphone with 3.5 mm 5-pole audio input/output
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Horatio

It won't work.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Horatio,

To my knowledge Xperia M2 does not feature a 5-pole jack which means that the STM-10 will not work with it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.