account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't swipe nor scroll anymore

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Can't swipe nor scroll anymore

Hi, my daughter got hold of the phone this morning and must have changed some settings. I can now no longer simply swipe to unlock the screen. I need to tap once, a yellow box appears and then I have to double tap and then swipe. Once on the main screen I again can not swipe between screens but need to double tap within the yellow box. I can access the settings folder by doing so but am then unable to scroll down to change any of the settings. Please help these yellow boxes and not being able to do anything are driving me crazy. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Can't swipe nor scroll anymore

thanks, it seems she enabled the talk back function for the blind which meant that I had to swipe with my entire hand in order to scroll and disable this function! Thanks anyway.

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Settings, security, screen lock. Swipe.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

If that doesn't work she probably installed a different app.

Opem the app drawer, swipe left to right, installed, the latest apps should be on the first row

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

thanks, it seems she enabled the talk back function for the blind which meant that I had to swipe with my entire hand in order to scroll and disable this function! Thanks anyway.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

cant swipe phone 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

What a $hit fit I was ready to smash this anroit piece of grabage in front of a mack truck and or a 4 lb hammer trying to get her to shut up.