account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera image looks like it lacks details

SOLVED
Genius
Message 21 of 387
Message 21 of 387

Re: Camera image looks like atitistic image

Hi @anemos11

You are welcome.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Adviser
Message 22 of 387
Message 22 of 387

I have the same problem with the camera on my Xperia M2 (D2303) after updating to lollipop 5.1.1 (18.6.A.0.175). Before the update the camera quality was great on Kit Kat 4.4.4 (18.3.1.C.1.17). But now photos come out like a painting. I've tried all the suggestions above nothing helped. It is a software bug in the algorithm for sure. I don't have Xperia Care in my region, so if there is someone to forward this feedback to SONY I would be very thankful.

Commissioner
Message 23 of 387
Message 23 of 387

The camera SW is broken. I have the same identical issue and there is a thread on XDA as well about it. Look at pictures before/after Lollipop at full size, in Lollipop they are unbelievably bad :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63074194&postcount=11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Adviser
Message 24 of 387
Message 24 of 387

Camera quality

My camera quality got very bad since I have updated my phone to Android 5.1.1. I am really disappointed with the camera. Please fix it asap.
Genius
Message 25 of 387
Message 25 of 387

Re: Camera quality

Hi Jack0008, welcome to the community!

Have you tried clearing the data for Camera? If not to do this you just go to Settings > Apps > All > Camera > tap Clear data > test the camera again. 

Let us know whether this has resolved the issue or not, I do hope it does!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 26 of 387
Message 26 of 387

Hi, I have tried all the suggestion but the problem is still there. I think it may be a software bug.
One time poster
Message 27 of 387
Message 27 of 387

Please repair my camera quality, speaker are also not good.,,, so repair and improve my camera quality 

One time poster
Message 28 of 387
Message 28 of 387

no help with this.i have also this issue on m2dual D2302 after update to 5.1.1. also i repare the phone with pc compenion.same problem here .please fix this as soon as possible thanks

Adviser
Message 29 of 387
Message 29 of 387

I just did whatever you told me but the quality is still same. Please send me previous kitkat camera settings or do something to fix this issue.
Highlighted
Genius
Message 30 of 387
Message 30 of 387

I see Jack0008, in that case perhaps try running a software repair. 

Note: a software repair will delete all user data, to back up your phone using PC Companion:

To back up data
1. Go to Support to install PC Companion on a Windows computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
(Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard).

Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

I do hope this resolves the issue for you, keep us updated. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.