account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia m volume disappears

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

xperia m volume disappears

i have an xperia m when im on a call i can hardly hear the person on the other end even though the volume is as high as it goes also if i take it off loud speaker while in a call i cant hear the person at all its as if the phone is on mute even though it isnt

The phone has the latest android version 4.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: xperia m volume disappears

ok

since you can talk using earphones and your phone is not responding to the service test, then i think it is a hardware fault with your phone's earpiece and you should take it to the sony service centre for an expert opinion.

AG
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Do this
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* in your phone's dialer. This will open service menu

Go to Service Tests>Earphone>Put the phone to your ear.
Can you hear anything?

Also, do you face the same problem when you talk to someone using the earphones you got with your phone?

AG
Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

hi there

thanks for the reply i did what you said with the ear phone test and i cant hear anything when i speak to someome using the ear phones it works fine

Regular
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

also i have just tried it again and i kept pressing the volume key and which was already at maximum volume and then i heard the testing it seems to be intermitent it will work ok for awhile then go again

Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

ok

since you can talk using earphones and your phone is not responding to the service test, then i think it is a hardware fault with your phone's earpiece and you should take it to the sony service centre for an expert opinion.

AG