account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

password to decrypt storage

Forum Legend
Message 51 of 182
Message 51 of 182

Re: Xperia M Error Type password to decrypt storage

From what I see the relock was successful - Are you now able to perform a system repair but it may still fail due to a custom recovery being installed

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 52 of 182
Message 52 of 182

are you using the latest version of Flashtool? and if you get that error then your .ftf file appears corrupted or is the wrong one for your device model

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 53 of 182
Message 53 of 182

I still cannot repair my phone with PCC... It still say that the phone / tablet modified content that can't be updated...

Apprentice
Message 54 of 182
Message 54 of 182

The flashtool version is 0.9.18.4

And the stock rom is the right one that i have flashed successfully before...

Forum Legend
Message 55 of 182
Message 55 of 182

There's no reason why it shouldn't work unless the file you have used before has become corrupted or it could be that the system you are using is Windows 8 or a 64bit system so try transferring these files to a 32 bit based system and try again

Apprentice
Message 56 of 182
Message 56 of 182

I will try for it ^^

Thank you for helping me 

Visitor
Message 57 of 182
Message 57 of 182

Kiyosi... how about your phone now? Do you succes repaired type password...... Storage your phone!
One time poster
Message 58 of 182
Message 58 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

i too have same problem with my xperia m ...i refered internet and try to format but its showing error like phone blocked ...while i gave it to sony serviceing center they told to replace the  motherboard it  will cost 7500 INR its better to buy a new phone ...
agian i think motherboard should not b damaged .coz..its start normally and stop at enter password to decrypt storage  and touch screen is working fine .....if any other process to fix the issue..please help..

Thank you

Rookie
Message 59 of 182
Message 59 of 182

Re: to flashing, what do i need to be aware of?

.my phone is sony xperia M C1904 yesterday when i woke up my phone showes "type password to decrypt storage" but i didn't set any passwords before.. moreover the phone is in airplane mode.. i tried flashing my mobile using flash tools.. but everything results in failure.. is there any way to reset my phone..?

Forum Legend
Message 60 of 182
Message 60 of 182

Re: to flashing, what do i need to be aware of?

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP