account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

password to decrypt storage

One time poster
Message 21 of 182
Message 21 of 182

Re: password to decrypt storage

hi guys my xperia m single sim version has had a same problem yesterday night, it is asking password to decrypt the storage which means the motherboard has been locked up or something. I on my own never set up any such password its just 2 months old.

@arundpai wrote:

hi guys my xperia m single sim version has had a peculiar problem, it is asking password to decrypt the storage which i guess effectively means the motherboard has been locked up or something. I on my own never set up any such password and the service centre guys are unwilling to help out what to do? NOTE: phone is in warranty and has no psychical or water damage and hence warranty should cover this problem.

One time poster
Message 22 of 182
Message 22 of 182

I have absolutely no idea what the heck is going on!!

Tried to send an sms this morning and my pSony Xperia M hone threw up an error message.

Wouldnt do anything after that so i shut down my phone, took it apart as far as i could, put everything back in place and restarted it.

Now it just beeps and requests a password to decrypt storage - a message that you guys obviously received as well.

I have been using this phone for a few months now - have never had a days issue and love it as well. 

Admittedly i didnt buy the phone, it was a replacement given to me by a friend after my previous phone landed in the ppol with me thanks to his idiocy.

I dont have another phone to use now, therefore this is a major problem for me!!

How do i fix this??

Someone please help!!

One time poster
Message 23 of 182
Message 23 of 182

Same thing happened to me in april. i took the phone to local shop where i bought it, they sent it forward to xperia service from where they sent it back to factory abroad or so i've heard.... after 2 moths i got my broken brick back with explanation that this error whatever it was, isnt covered by warranty because i could have broken it myself........ now i use it as a paper weight and a reminder, an expensive one mind i say, because im gonna be paying for it for next year and a half 3 eur a month until contract expires. Ugh i cant get over it, poor performance sony...never ever again, considering how angry i am this is very politely written.

Bought some cheap prestigio smart phone, serves me better.

Visitor
Message 24 of 182
Message 24 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

my phone is asking me to enter password to decrypt storage space but the language is in Greek but i have never ever changed the language to greek,, how do i do this, pleae please help

Visitor
Message 25 of 182
Message 25 of 182

as said before, worst still the phone is in flight mode,,,,, i dont even know what to do

One time poster
Message 26 of 182
Message 26 of 182

i tried doing the update... but its not happening... the fone is not getting connected to the service unit... i even checked the same with service centre dey are telling i need to change the motherboard but forums are not saying the same... pls help .....

Learner
Message 27 of 182
Message 27 of 182

I have the same problem and i tried to fixed like you said but it requests an internet connection and because it's on airplane mode i can't acess one . Please help !!!

Visitor
Message 28 of 182
Message 28 of 182

type password to decrypt storage

Hi.

I have the Xperia M and suddenly it had started to crash in the terms of apps, and finally I got the screen with 'Type password to decrypt storage'. But definitely I've not set any encrypting passwords. Rebooting has no results, as well as reparing with PC Companion. The last one gives error 100 - "sony update engine failure".

What should I do to get over this situaton?

Emperor
Message 29 of 182
Message 29 of 182

Re: type password to decrypt storage

Uninstall and reinstall PCC and try again, also disable your antivirus and or firewall while running PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 30 of 182
Message 30 of 182

Re: type password to decrypt storage

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)