account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

password to decrypt storage

Learner
Message 11 of 182
Message 11 of 182

Re: password to decrypt storage

lol @ the *bleep* I said it "sux" feeling like you're the only one... Let's censor the guy who doesn't use profanity... haha I love you Sony.

One time poster
Message 12 of 182
Message 12 of 182

I got same problem with my sony xperia m my network provider keeps telling me it is my fault sony havent got a clue, they want me to send it to them but nobody will provide a mobile in between unless i pay for it !! Had mobile for two weeks tried every thing sony have told me but still nothing only used my phone for two days not impressed with sony at all !
One time poster
Message 13 of 182
Message 13 of 182

Good afternoon, before anything, I apologize because I'm using the translator.
I bought the Xperia M less than a month and I'm having the same problem.
If you have managed to solve the problem tell me how.
thank you

Learner
Message 14 of 182
Message 14 of 182

End result: 
They told me 25 days, and it ended up being a month and a half. I finally got my phone back, no apology, no explanation, just a ticket with the word "repaired" on it. 
My phone is working just as before... fingers crossed this doesn't happen again. 
The poor quality of customer service was absolutely mind-blowing! I would think a company like Sony would have offered a temporary replacement phone, but to not even offer a "sorry for the inconvenience"? How terrible is that!
I won't be bothering Sony with my business in the future that's for sure... My bad, I guess...

One time poster
Message 15 of 182
Message 15 of 182

sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

anyone help me to solve this problem?

this morning my phone keep ticking and i just find out that my phone shows "password to decrypt storage"

i never set password to my phone, i dont know how to solve it

can anyone help me please what should i do now since i need that phone badly right now?

thank you

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 182
Message 16 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

This means that the phones memory has been encrypted with a password from Settings -> Security -> Encrypt phone. If you have setup an Exchange account in the phone it may also have been required by your IT department.

Without the password you need to reset the entire phone using a computer to access it again. You can reinstall the phones software using Update Service but it will delete all data in the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 17 of 182
Message 17 of 182

type password to decrypt storage

hello... my phone two days ago started to show me messages on screen that this and that app doesn't work so i turned it off and restarted it... i even took a norton clean up but nothing... last night i removed the battery sim and sd card and when i turned it on on screen it showed me type password to decrypt storage.... and above with signal image on top right screen an aeroplane showed... what do i do...please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 182
Message 18 of 182

Re: type password to decrypt storage

I guess somehow you have encrypted your memory.You should use PC companion to repair.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 19 of 182
Message 19 of 182

hey i am having the same problem do you no the code now as it just happen out of the blue i dont no what to do, it had connected to my laptop but then stop half way through for some reason nothing working i need it for work and everything im getting stuck for ideas now 

One time poster
Message 20 of 182
Message 20 of 182

hi guys my xperia m single sim version has had a peculiar problem, it is asking password to decrypt the storage which i guess effectively means the motherboard has been locked up or something. I on my own never set up any such password and the service centre guys are unwilling to help out what to do? NOTE: phone is in warranty and has no psychical or water damage and hence warranty should cover this problem.