account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

password to decrypt storage

Learner
Message 101 of 182
Message 101 of 182

Re: password to decrypt storage

SO, finally 

watch this trick, try its working...

PROBLEM SOVLED!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQVzPeRlC0c

bukan solusi tapi lumayan bisa di oprek lagi. . . :'v :'v
One time poster
Message 102 of 182
Message 102 of 182

Xperia M C1905 encrypted.

Hi all,

so my Xperia M c1905 has been encrypted, and whenever I switch it on I am met with "Type password to decrypt storage". Now I didn't encrypt my phone so I am assuming I visited some dodgy site or something. I used PC Companion to try and factory reset my phone but I keep getting an error. Does anybody have any idea what I can do? 

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 103 of 182
Message 103 of 182

Re: Xperia M C1905 encrypted.

I have the same problem please help me!

Apprentice
Message 104 of 182
Message 104 of 182

Re: Xperia M shows password to decrypt Storage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hi,

Device went to Aeroplane Mode, so unable to use remote wipe using My Xperia or Android Device Manager...!!!

Tried all possible solutions mentioned in this forum...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can Anyone Help on this?

I'm Still Waiting for someone's help... Bad Support from Sony Care for this case...

Genius
Message 105 of 182
Message 105 of 182

Hi @tsom96 @naty2195 @Gurunathan1

I suggest you to first run a backup of the device information like this:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Backup-amp-Transfer/m-p/407253#U407253

Then start PC Companion without the phone connected and select Support zone -> Software update -> repair phone.

Follow the instructions from the software. The phone should not be connected until PC Companion tells you to turn it off and connect it with vol- pressed.

I hope can be useful and I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Apprentice
Message 106 of 182
Message 106 of 182

All I see in this post or internet over this issue is junk answers and more users complaining of same issue with no possible solutions.

I don't understand how long Sony will remain silent..

"Machines don't make mistakes, we do"
Apprentice
Message 107 of 182
Message 107 of 182

Hi,

My Device is not even detected to PC companion or normal USB mode.

then how can i take backup!!!!

I'm really feeling bad about sony why they're silent on hearing thousands of customers complanining about same issues!!!!!

Genius
Message 108 of 182
Message 108 of 182

Hi @Gurunathan1

If it's not possible to perform this software repair, you could check the following FAQ topic regarding USB connection problems:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/USB-connection-problems/m-p/348074

If my answer was helpful for you, please thank me with Kudos.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Apprentice
Message 109 of 182
Message 109 of 182

Unfortunately there is no solution to this issue.

PCC will not detect your phone, whatever you do. You'll not be able to unlock the bootloader by any means. Emma will not detect your phone unless it is unlocked.

The problem is that the Nand memory (4GB) of the phone is broken/corrupted for whatever reason and that is why whenever phone loads the phone it's unable to read the memory and thinks it's corrupted, asking for password which was never set.

Only option left is to get the motherboard replaced or buy a new phone.

If anyone by chance found the solution let us know.

Thanks,

Karthek

"Machines don't make mistakes, we do"
One time poster
Message 110 of 182
Message 110 of 182

Re: password to decrypt storage

I got the same problem. We got the same problem
Hey SONY , we are your customers. Treat us properly. Actually i didn't expect this from a brand like you. ..