account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

password to decrypt storage

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

password to decrypt storage

Dear sir / madam.

I am using sony xperia M, one fine day i spoke with my friend after compltedc i krep it in my pocket, suddenly i observed ticking sound,i removed my mobile from pocket,it is showing "type password to decrypt storage" what is the solution for that. I tried my lock screen password also but no use. And all previous passwords also but no use. could you please help me how to encrypt my phone.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: password to decrypt storage

Hi @Praveen116, welcome to our forum!

When you choose to encrypt the device, you will set a password on your own that you then later on can use to remove the decryption, or to get access to your device again.

Since the Xperia M has reached end of support, which means that you cannot update the software of the product or perform a software repair yourself using tools, such as Xperia Companion, so if you can't remember the password, there is no way to decrypt/reset your device, I'm afraid.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

De la part de Sony, la réponse est un peu simpliste .

Personnellement je n'ai jamais crypter le stockage et j'ai le même soucis.

Comment récupérer mes contacts le reste est sans importances

On the part of Sony, the answer is a bit simplistic.

Personally I never encrypt the storage and I have the same problem.

How to recover my contacts the rest is without importance

gt

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Féfé!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done, unless you remember the password to decrypt the storage.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yeah your right but I used pattern lock but there is a no pattern lock option to decrypt storage and I applied my previous password which I maintain befor pattern lock but not decrypted.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Praveen116,

The password will not be the same as your screen lock, it will be a separate one that you entered when you chose to decrypt the storage, unless you previously used password as the screen lock and entered that one when encrypting the device.