account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

password to decrypt storage

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 71 of 182
Message 71 of 182

Re: Xperia M Error Type password to decrypt storage

@motomodders

Have you contacted Sony?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 72 of 182
Message 72 of 182

@uliwooly

not yet...but i belive someone has do, and no solution to fix it.

Emperor
Message 73 of 182
Message 73 of 182

@motomodders

Why don't you contact Sony directly?

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 74 of 182
Message 74 of 182

@uliwooly

ok, i'll try....

many thanks for your support.

Emperor
Message 75 of 182
Message 75 of 182

@motomodders

Anytime, keep us updated.

One time poster
Message 76 of 182
Message 76 of 182

"type password to decrypt storage "

i got the same problem...

no useful info found in this site...

i tried to update , reset and other things.... no use...

what i have to do now???

Rookie
Message 77 of 182
Message 77 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

my phone when switched on shows "type password to decrypt storage" . so when i tried to use pc companian, it does not detect my phone. what should i do.?? how do i restart my phone with its default functions.??

Rookie
Message 78 of 182
Message 78 of 182

Enter password to decrypt storage

I have been a loyal Sony customer from it walkman series, to cybershot, to xperia. I have never used any other brand but now I'm facing this difficulty which is so weird and uncalled for.

Till a week back, my phone was working properly and dint have any issue. One morning when I switched it on since the battery had conked off, my phone screen showed "enter password to decrypt storage" and it was automatically on flight mode.

I tried to connect using pc companion, the pc wouldn't detect the phone.
I took it to the service center, after two days they tell me, they can't do anything, will have to change the motherboard which might cost 80% of the phone's price.

I am totally lost as to how can I repair my phone and bring it to its normal working condition.

I request Sony xperia support to please look into this issue and provide a solution at the earliest. This is causing too much inconvenience.

Krishna iyer
India.
Emperor
Message 79 of 182
Message 79 of 182

Re: Enter password to decrypt storage

@vkrysh

I don't think anyone can help you here with that issue, as it seems to be a hardware issue rather than software, and yes, the motherboard it's the most expensive part of the phone, almost the same as a new phone, it's not like a computer's motherboard were you can replace CPU, RAM, etc. 

Rookie
Message 80 of 182
Message 80 of 182

Re: Enter password to decrypt storage

@uliwooly

But I don't understand how can this happen from nowhere. Like the phone was properly working and the Sony center is not able to unlock it hence they call it a hardware issue.

In one of the threads I read, a girl in Italy had the same issue and she got the phone repaired by Sony, though it took a month and a half.

So thereby I'm not convinced its a hardware issue. Slightly frowning Face