account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

password to decrypt storage

bgr
One time poster
Message 61 of 182
Message 61 of 182

Re: password to decrypt storage

Wow, So many in the trap!!!.  I think this is the cheap method used by Sony to make some quick bucks.  Lock the PCB and tell the customers to replace the PCB with the new one. Did'not expect this from a company like sony.  If this a bug that is in 4.4.2, why sony is not taking any measure to solve this?

One time poster
Message 62 of 182
Message 62 of 182

I also got the same problem before two weeks. Tried so much for a week and finally bought a new Lenovo mobile. Let sony go to **bleep**.. Please don't bring any new mobile. Do your business with laptops, tv etc. Plz plz plz..

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 63 of 182
Message 63 of 182

I think you shall try with Sony PC Companion. Download it from internet and then use an option "repair my phone". This option will delete all your data, including images, messages, etc.
One time poster
Message 64 of 182
Message 64 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

I've tried your suggestion of resetting the phone through pc companion but I get an error for moving the phone when i haven't. Is there any other suggestions that may help

Visitor
Message 65 of 182
Message 65 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

Am using sony xperia M single. Last day my phone asking password for decrypt storage . but i never set any password..When i take it to sony service centre they told me to change the mother board .. Slightly frowning Face its aprox Rs. 7000.. have any other options ..pls help guys

One time poster
Message 66 of 182
Message 66 of 182

Hi, i have as same problem as yours too. My sony mobile restart two times and then there is "type Password to decrypt data storage", i think this is happen for almost xperia M.

i always choose sony for mobile phone, but after this case "big no for sony".

Learner
Message 67 of 182
Message 67 of 182

I have the same problem. I've tried to repair it by using PC Companion, but failed all the time.

Learner
Message 68 of 182
Message 68 of 182

I also tried fastboot, but it always disconnected. It seems that the computer cannot access the phone at all. Amazing...

One time poster
Message 69 of 182
Message 69 of 182

i have same problem. please help us, ive tried everything with sony companion, but that aplication cant recognize my device..i had to counter phone service but they said my internal phone broken, and now my phone totally loss? HELP ME

Learner
Message 70 of 182
Message 70 of 182

Re: Xperia M Error Type password to decrypt storage

does anyone solves this problem? please help.....to sonymobile.com please hear your customer complain who use your product, can you?