account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

password to decrypt storage

Emperor
Message 91 of 182
Message 91 of 182

Re: Xperia M shows password to decrypt Storage

@dev123

What if you use MyXperia to reset the phone? do you get an error with PCC? SUS hasn't worked in about a year. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 92 of 182
Message 92 of 182

Me Too Having same problem...!!! Above Solution is Not working for me...!!!! My Sony Xperia M (C1904) Mobile is asking " Type password to decrypt storage" I Tried Approaching Sony Service Center Nearby, It is not detected in their system also. Even on Connecting to PC Companion, My phone is not detected. How to Resolve this issue now?

Emperor
Message 93 of 182
Message 93 of 182

@Gurunathan1

Have you unlocked the bootloader? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 94 of 182
Message 94 of 182

I'm Unable to to that also

Emperor
Message 95 of 182
Message 95 of 182

@Gurunathan1

What if you try @Phy's suggestion from the first page of this thread. 

Apprentice
Message 96 of 182
Message 96 of 182

Hi,

Device went to Aeroplane Mode, so unable to use remote wipe using My Xperia or Android Device Manager...!!!

Tried all possible solutions mentioned in this forum...

Message 97 of 182
Message 97 of 182

@Samuel can you take a look?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 98 of 182
Message 98 of 182

Re: Xperia M Error Type password to decrypt storage

me too..how to solve

Learner
Message 99 of 182
Message 99 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

Even i got the same problem with with Xperia M. What you did with your Xperia?Is it working?

Genius
Message 100 of 182
Message 100 of 182

Re: sony xperia m shows password to decrypt storage

Hi @Abhi9_jha

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

Best Regards.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas